• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mods if there is a better place to put this please move it I put it here for exposure.

I posted my WASR ak for sale here. I'm headed now to go edit my phone number out of it.

I had a gun text me Saturday. Said he wanted to meet me to buy it this week. Then things started getting strange.

Wants me to meet him in a clay pit in navarre
    Claims he doesn't know anything about the gun forum or how he saw my sale ad (here is the only place I've posted it) now is telling me to wait an hour he might of got a better deal, which is when i asked him for his username and it started seeming not right to me.

Am i crazy? Maybe
    Was i about to get robbed in a clay pit? Sure felt that way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, there's no way I'd do that.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is why I never post my phone number on an open forum. Visitors can see anything we post that is written ie phone numbers. The only thing a visitor can't see is a picture, I believe you have to be a member for that, I've had to sign in before before a picture would come up when I wasn't signed in.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Google Search the right words and your Post pops up as a result (below). That could be the reason potential buyer didn't recall Forum source, just a Net ad. The location could have been a place to test fire but he should have discussed that intent. All that aside, if your not comfortable, don't proceed.

new Romanian WASR-10 AK Pensacola - Gulf Coast Gun Forum

Gulf Coast Gun Forum › showthread › 4...

4 days ago - 4 posts - ‎2 authors

Does it have the scope mount on the left side of the receiver? If a fairly recent*WASR*the last two numbers of the serial number is the year of manufacture. I'm curious what year. Thanks. GLWS.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd be scared too if a gun texted me!

On a real note when in doubt there is no doubt. If you are questioning whether you should go, there is no question that you shouldn't.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would never meet someone where there were no witnesses anywhere nearby. I always meet in the parking lot of a big business during daytime hours away from the crowd but still in a public enough area where hopefully nobody will try anything.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree with the rest. A little bit of paranoia cant hurt and has kept some of us alive lol. One thing I know is that if I do not get a good vibe from a guy regardless it is well withing my right to refuse to deal. We aren't businesses, just gun enthusiasts, you have the right to not deal with someone if they make you feel uncomfortable in anyway. Although not required, I always require a bill of sale and require to see a FL ID. I am up front about that and if there is any hesitation from the other party then I just say sorry no deal. Requiring a BOS likely keeps felons away and it covers your butt God forbid someone did something bad with a gun you sold. I get we all have different levels of perceived privacy and don't want to give out our names on a bill of sale, anymore than an email to some of these retail stores. Lets face it though, in this day and age you can find out everything about anybody using simple open source means. Some people are just weird, and that is cool too.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Don't you think he wanted to meet at the clay pit so he could test fire the gun? It is an AK, so maybe he wanted to make sure it wasn't a piece of crap. I just wish someone would want to buy some of the stuff I have listed.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't you think he wanted to meet at the clay pit so he could test fire the gun? It is an AK, so maybe he wanted to make sure it wasn't a piece of crap. I just wish someone would want to buy some of the stuff I have listed.

Can you meet me at the clay pit in Navarre?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only clay-pit I know in Navarre, is off 87-S. Going South and just as you're approaching the East River Bridge, turn East on that road. Goes back onto Eglin AFB property, and it's not uncommon to get ran off and even ticketed for no Eglin permit. Either way, you still can't/not supposed to test fire or target shoot on EAFB in unapproved areas.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes, I will meet you after work tonight. I get off at 9, and it will take me a few hours to get there. If you don't see me at first, it is because my ninja outfit blends in with any background. I will appear when I will myself to be visible. Bring some refreshments.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do have a number on your phone he called or messaged from right ? Post it on this thread,,, Someone in here may remember the number.Of a friend or family member ....... Gents I have given phone numbers to ( My ) family members to contact some of you personally ,,, An a couple times have made a good sale doing so,,, But no A K,,I would like that one myself............But like a lot of the others mentioned,,If you don't know or have a feeling about it,,,Go with that feeling,,,check it out.........

Latest posts

Top Bottom