• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone planning on attending the show? I'm considering going just to go depending on work. Wife asked if I was going so it sounds like I may have her blessing. :behindsofa:

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    PENSACOLA Gun Show this weekend, August 26th & 27th

At the Pensacola Fairgrounds.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah mac . . . I put "Bismark,South Dakota" also just to see if anyone would catch it.
    All the people that hang around here that know everything about everything must be takin' a nappie poo.
    I'll be at that show just to see who gets shot. --- SAWMAN

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Went around 9:30 Saturday morning. Not too crowded. Cheap AR's sure are cheap now. Got a scabbard for my Shockwave that is just like SAWMAN's. YeeHaw!! Wore my GCGF shirt. No one noticed. Price increased to $8.00 to get in the door. WOW!

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So anyone gone today? I wouldn't mind going if it were worth it. Looking for AK parts, AK rifles, surplus AK mags, and mil surplus firearms of all types. Just wondering if anyone has gone already and seen those types of items. I would hate to drive 1.5hrs and pay $8 to see the latest green AR15 laser.....or latest painted rails with quad bayo and led lights with tactile feel pressure switches and AR beer holder attachments so you have a free hand while you clear your house with chris costa videos playin in the background lol.....sarcasm.....at least I make myself laugh sometimes, and if you get mad.....your prolly the guy I'm describing lol

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Only AK's I saw were the RAS47's or something like that. All over $600. No surplus AK magazines. New AK magazines were $20.00. A few mil surplus rifles, not sure what kind, as that is not an interest.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad I didn't waste the time or gas then. I know times are changing and all but I wish for the gun shows of just 5-10 years ago. The ones where there was a decent mix of private and vendor booths. A chance to pick up a case or two of ammo for a fair cost. A place where you would walk by a table and have to stop and ask "what in the world is that" and have a nice conversation about a historical piece of firearm memorabilia. Now everything is priced over market value, all the cool stuff has dried up and we are left with everybody and their mother manufacturing their own brand of AR15 rifles. From "zombie" to "infidel " to "major league terrorist hunter" etc. Whats funny is that most of the dudes running around the shows in multi cam hats with infidel and terrorist hunter patches all over the place are the ones who never served a day in their lives lol, or if they did they were part of a super secret government counter terrorist program that they cannot talk about because "Operator" I have yet to see the ex supply clerk in the wild, lol. I keep running into CAG, MAC-V SOG, SF, CCT, Seals types that though they have all their appendages, somehow were so severely wounded that they had to be medically retired. Don't get me wrong, I do know of some guys that have legit combat injuries that did not require amputations and you could not otherwise tell they were wounded but come on man. Own your service, own what you did. Service to the country is honorable in any capacity, no need to embellish.... ok sorry for the unrelated rant. I get bored easy and start typing away.
    Anyhow thanks for the heads up Fanner, you def saved me a trip and some aggravation man. Cheers!!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I got bored at the house and went this morning as well. Incognito, no GCGF shirt. ;)
    Guns prices were as expected and the same old vendors were there. The highlight to me was running across a vendor from Georgia who has a good selection of optics from Vortex, Trijicon, Eotech, and others. Had a few DBALs as well. Good prices as well. I'm mulling over a 1-8x trijicon right now, I'd save about $250-275 on it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Y'all can't possible have any navy seals over there, they all live in Tallahassee ------ well, they said they were navy seals.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    JW I thought you were on a paid vacation to Texas?
    On standby right now, I would imagine they're waiting to see if Harvey rolls across the Gulf Coast and heads east towards us.

doc92

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone look at the tables across from the mag dealer in the back right? They were only selling custom ARs. Looked like nice stuff but the prices were fairly steep.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anyone look at the tables across from the mag dealer in the back right? They were only selling custom ARs. Looked like nice stuff but the prices were fairly steep.
    Live free builders, pretty nice looking rifles but...either Anderson or Ballistic Advantage barrels and Ergo lpk. Prices were fair given the current market I guess when you factor in the cerakoate.
    Anywho...I did a thing...
    01d93891fb96b6136ce89d6861255fe8.jpg

S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i went this mornin as well, went hoping to find a good hi-power for a decent price but had no luck .. i dont know enough members faces to recognize anybody but i saw a white chevy with a big ass auburn sticker in the lot when i left

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i went this mornin as well, went hoping to find a good hi-power for a decent price but had no luck .. i dont know enough members faces to recognize anybody but i saw a white chevy with a big ass auburn sticker in the lot when i left
    Hahaha guilty as charged! ;)

On a side note, I noticed Jays is selling STI Open guns for competition. $4k...smh

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious, what did they have hi powers going for at the show? I am a big fan myself.

S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i looked at all the tables and i only saw two, if i remember right one was over 1000 and the other was between 900 and 1000... they were both in great shape but more than i was willing to spend

Last edited:
    Top Bottom