• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I finally shot my SAM7K last week after I could no longer see the steel targets at 500yds through my AR scope.
    HOLY fireballs! Good fun! hopefully soon I'll get to check and see if I can actually hit anything with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah love the blast coming out the sides. What range has 500yards? I’d like to try a few out

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, it doesn't have a brake, it's a fake booster looking thing pinned on top of the barrel. A lot of people cut it flush and add a diverter type thing. Anyway, since there's no actual muzzle device doing anything, it just makes a big fireball straight ahead, with some sparks coming out of the ejection port.

CORE in Baker. You can shoot to 950 out there.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ah I see. Very cool. I need to find a gun club/range closer to Crestview. Tried Shoal River but wasn’t for me.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have much in depth on the opap, npap? Cstokes wrote up a nice piece regarding them. I only handled them in the shops though. Felt like a nice solid rifle. Maybe I’ll find an opap one day that has the rpk type receiver.

Additionally two river arms sells Yugo parts kits built on bulged NDS receivers to make the Iraqi tabuk clone. Pictures looks exceptional. 1.3k a rifle though is stiff but all original Arab markings are there including the lion and Babel. May be worth it to the Iraq war vet. Certainly an interesting variation of the platform.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not that I know of.

Whatta ya say guys - lets get this puppy started.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah lets do it!! Hardest part will just having a time and location everyone can sync up with.

I am usually pretty flexible so whenever is good for me. If someone wants to name a date time and location and lets have some fun!! If it were up to me I am ready now lol. 8 mags and a couple of drums loaded all the time just in case I wanna get out there and make some holes in paper.

Got a couple of sight tools somewhere so guys can dial in their rifles to their sight pictures perfectly. Laser range finder to make sure a proper distance zero for the caliber. 4in or better groups at 100m is not uncommon after a good sight in, near to far. Granted 4MOA is nothing to write home about but usually guys do better than that unless their barrels are shot out or they keep changing up their sight picture. Either way thats a headshot size hit at 100m which is pretty good if ya think of it that way.

Anyway, yeah lets go shooting fellas!!

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m only familiar with places around Crestview. Cstokes and I went shooting at Escambia river gun club. It was a pretty good range I thought. I’m up for meeting wherever, ranges, folks with private land etc.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have private land or belong to a range? I've been toying with the idea of joining the Escambia River club. No matter what, I have to drive at least 30 minutes to go to a range and that's the indoor one. Escambia River I'm told is about 45 minutes from me. I'm by the backgate of the NAS, near Perdido Key. Only day I definitely have off is Sunday. With all that being said, I'm interested.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to belong to he Escambia River Gun Club years ago. Not a bad place to shoot. I used to shoot during the week so I can't speak to how crowded they are on the week-ends. ERGC used to allow people to pay for the day. Not sure if they still do that.

Since my shooting is now more limited I usually shoot st the Santa Rosa Shooting Center which is right across the river from the ERGC. Charge for VETS is somewhere around $14 for the day. Again, when I go to the SRSC I usually go on week-days so I don't know how crowded it can be on the week-end.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to belong to he Escambia River Gun Club years ago. Not a bad place to shoot. I used to shoot during the week so I can't speak to how crowded they are on the week-ends. ERGC used to allow people to pay for the day. Not sure if they still do that.

Since my shooting is now more limited I usually shoot st the Santa Rosa Shooting Center which is right across the river from the ERGC. Charge for VETS is somewhere around $14 for the day. Again, when I go to the SRSC I usually go on week-days so I don't know how crowded it can be on the week-end.

It takes me about an hour to get to either range so it's a wash for me - I could go to either place.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm down but I can only bring up to 2 guests to escambia river gun club. If there is interest I can talk to a range officer and see if I could setup an event?

I usually exclusively go on the weekends and there'd definitely be enough range space available if they'd let us.

The other range that is public is usually very busy on the weekend but we could just take up a few lanes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

newkarian

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would be interested in joining you guys for a range day. Just picked up my new carry pistol. Have been into AK and Sks for a long time would be fun to have a group range day.
    7EA05C4B-1EC2-419B-8EFE-DAD249B19129.jpg

Attachments

• 7EA05C4B-1EC2-419B-8EFE-DAD249B19129.jpg
      7EA05C4B-1EC2-419B-8EFE-DAD249B19129.jpg
      89.1 KB · Views: 193

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome newkarian! I think the hardest part is finding a time and place where we can all sync up.
    I’m free usually whenever and usually am out blasting away by myself. Hopefully soon a group of us can link up and have a fun shoot. Learn a thing or two from each other as well.
    Be surprised how many guys never zeroed their AKs to themselves then blame the gun. Seen many an afghan say this gun doesn’t shoot straight. Then after a quick zero they were getting headshots at 100m. Hardest part was convincing them not to exchange rifles after that lol.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys a friend I met thru the forum has a membership at a club and said if we give them a bit of notice we can reserve. Its a very nice range with about 100m max and the benches are perfect for a sight in then the 100m confirm.

Lets see how many guys would be serious to come out and have some AK fun. Experts and newbs alike welcome. All AK varients welcome. I have a couple of sight tools we can pass around to get dialed in then see what we can group at 100m. Maybe someone out there has the magical 2MOA or under AK. Ya never know.

newkarian

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would be interested for sure. Let me know time and daye everyone is thinking. Might slum it up and bring a few sks variabts as well.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm in - details? I have much to learn.

Took my new WASR to Santa Rosa Shooting Center yesterday to sight it in. Finally got the sight adjustment tool in. Gotta run now. Post my experience at a later time.

Top Bottom