• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    :help: Looking for a top-notch compound bow tech. Wanting my bows checked for proper tuning, and if they're out, to fine tune it correctly. Not saying it's off, but I'm sure there's something that can be tweaked, such as the nocking loop, peep sight placement or arrow rest.

Bows are Bowtech, the 360 and Assassin. Both shoot great, but just wanting them fined tuned. Anyone here or anyone know someone or place that does this that you can recommend? Prefer someplace that actually has a shooting lane/area to test. Thanks

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I worked on and tuned bows for more than 12 years. Outside of coincidence, no one can get some one else's bow tuned to perfection for them. They can get it tuned perfectly to them and their shooting style but not to you. There are soooooo many thing that come into play such as how hard you press the string into the side of your face, the type of release you use, your draw length is going to be different than the techs draw length, how you grip your bow compared to how the tech grips the bow, how you trigger the release vs. how the tech triggers the same release, do you have good shot follow through,etc... etc... Tuning a bow is a very personalized thing because we are all built different and have very different shooting styles.

If you want your bow tuned as well as it can be then you must learn how to do it yourself. That being said, Pat at Mike's does a really good job at getting it as close as possible.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I appreciate your info, and whereas the arrow release, cheek pressure, draw length, grip, etc, these are more of proper technique opposed to tuning a bow. You need to have a bow tuned before you can tune your technique. This is where I may have been unclear on what I'm wanting?
    Wanting the rest to be measured and squared with nock and d-loop, and the peep sight measured to correct distance (i can do this). I'm pretty sure if you bought a bow set at 27" draw, and you have a 30" draw, then the peep sight needs to be moved. So that's what I'm looking for, peep sight placement, rest squared and loop measured and squared to rest. And cams checked for timing and set if needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom