• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have decided not to actually disc to plant this year. I have given up one area in my club and now only have a 1A plot with one shooting house on it. Plenty of room for ladder stands and even another shooting house if needed. Just wanting my life less complecated.
    This plot is super flat and putting a disc to it to plant leaves it somewhat bumpy even if you have a good drag. We have an old riding mower and have been cutting it and have added fert(10-10-10) and a good bit of lime. It is super green and fairly thick with clover. We will put out some "throw and grow" type of mix in another few weeks. The homemade mix will be heavy with clover,perennial rye grass,and purple top turnips.
    We have a can feeder and a barrel feeder going right now,slingin' corn only. It has gone up somewhat but still $5.75 in Walnut Hill. Soybeans are $12.50. These are bushel prices.
    As deer season approaches I will buy a bushel of soy beans and add them to the corn slingers. I have an old blender and grind up about a quart of them to add to the corn coming out of the slingers. It puts out a huge amount of good smell.
    I will also get some ear corn,sweet potatoes,and bread. My deer and hogs have it good.
    Now . . . am looking forward to an early fall. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Corn is still $.11 per pound in Allentown.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    "Hey sawman, need location especially if you planning on making some "CORNBREAD"

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'll bring some sweet tea.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here ya go. This should be all ya'll need. Plot with shooting house.
    See ya there. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 1502843291196.jpg
      1502843291196.jpg
      740.2 KB · Views: 182

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Kinda looks like an enlarged gall bladder.
    Best of luck on your hunts!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And - - - - -> My shooting house is 8' X 8' inside. It sits 6'+ off the ground (to the floor). The bottom is also enclosed for storage. I have 4 rather large windows that close fairly tight,and so does the door.
    Before deer season to get the bugs (all bugs,wasps,hornets,spiders,etc,etc) either out of it,or most likely dead,I set off one of these. I open the door,push the button on the can to start the flow,and shut the door.
    I come back the next day and open all the windows and sweep a whole sheetload of dead bugs out the door.
    Works really great. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170817_104316.jpg
      20170817_104316.jpg
      736.3 KB · Views: 158

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My wife and I cut our plot again on Saturday. It is so flat and smooth that we use our 52" Cub Cadet. Comes out really great. It will get cut one more time before gun season.
    I also cut around the edges with my DR bush hog,and the major trails that come into the plot.
    We hunted it this past Thurs. Watched deer for most of the night,but no hogs or yotes. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom