• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoelEBS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anybody have one? I've been thinking of getting one lately, and I'd like to know some measurements on it. Information online is few and far between on these, with different places listing dimensions differently. What I'd like to know is how tall it is, from mag baseplate to top of rear sights, how thick it is at the middle of the grip, with and without grips installed, and how big the grip is, front to back. The caliber does not matter, because since 2005 all of them use an identical frame, so that they can be made cheaper and so that they can be converted with just a slide/barrel swap and a new magazine, to 9, .40, .45, and 10mm. (that's not why I want it, but its a pretty neat feature IMO)

Even better, if you're in the Pensacola/Milton/Crestview area I'd love a chance to hold one if someone didn't mind, I've looked for them locally for a good while now but nobody ever has the steel ones, just the polymer model.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I literally just traded a Witness compact yesterday. Unfortunately, I never took any measurements.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JoelEBS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I should have posted it sooner then haha. Could you describe its size compared to some other guns? Like maybe a 1911, Hi Power, or a Glock 19? Its compariosn to a CZ75 Compact would be the best since its so similar in size, but that's not as common of one for someone to have experience with. I'm wanting to get a general feel for its size, I know its shorter than a G19 and taller than a G26, but I'm not sure just where it is in that spectrum, and since its a bit bigger of a frame in order to fit multiple chamberings, I want to make sure its not going to be too big in the hand. That's actually the most important part, since I have small hands.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Very similar to the CZ75 compact. The grip is just a bit thicker. It has the grip of the CZ97B. I've got medium hands and it fit me just fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JoelEBS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh ok, that's not bad then. I just might have to get it then. Do you happen to know if the grip panels of the Witness can be replaced with CZ75 Compact grips? I have read that on a few forums but really wasn't sure if it was true or just speculation. If they can, that really opens up the variety of grip thickness available for it.

Top Bottom