• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When a seller puts these two indicators in their add to sell a firearm,what does this mean to the potential buyer ??
    Lately I have seen adds for firearms using this terminology,along with wording like . . "Only 300rds fired" or "less than 500rds thru it". Or . . . "second owner or "carried little".
    My thought is . . . uhhhhh . . . how can this be. Can a firearm ACTUALLY be like new or ANIB when it has been fired X amount of times?
    Not to me. If needed,my adds will state a condition. Either using the accepted NRA scale or a percentage. I own some weapons that are in "great" condition,but new/perfect/100% . . ?? . . nope.
    Just wondering what the general thoughts on this subject are. I don't really want to be too far out of touch with reality. --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If something is Like New or ANIB I would assume it has less than 20 rounds fired through it, the less the better. I'm listing my Ruger American .243 Like New which has never been fired, never been outside my air conditioned house. No way something is Like new that's been fired 3000-500 times IMO.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    How about I buy this nice S&W .44 spl with a 4.5" custom barrel, then I put some stag grips on it. Then I proceed to finge#^%*k it and play with it, dry fire it a few hundred times for the next 5 years, But I never fired it and kept the box and all the goodies. Can I now say AS NEW ?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about I buy this nice S&W .44 spl with a 4.5" custom barrel, then I put some stag grips on it. Then I proceed to finge#^%*k it and play with it, dry fire it a few hundred times for the next 5 years, But I never fired it and kept the box and all the goodies. Can I now say AS NEW ?

How much? Trades?

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad this subject has been brought up because it's something that irks me too. To me, if something is listed like new in box it should only be factory fired. If it's been fired by the owner, it's not NIB. I've seen listings that said NIB, only 50rds or whatever the number fired. It's misleading. They're usually asking too much for it when it says this so I keep scrolling past.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd go with.....

ANIB:. I bought it, fondled it, never shot it and it had all the original, factory supplied accessories.

Like new: I've shot it, but only in the double digits on round count, no holster/sling wear, most if not all factory supplied accessories

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah I was wondering that too, always seen NIB and LNIB, your basic New In The Box and Like New In The Box, not sure why we'd need another designation. Maybe Almost New In The Box applies here LOL!

Top Bottom