• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gambler227

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SMLE Jungle Carbine in 7 62 with a 2x20 Scout Scope.

Don't know much about them... on the side it says
    Rifle
    7.62mm 2A1
    RFI

Trying to find out information. Top info was told to me, but trying to figure out value... middle gun in pic.

36700.jpeg

Attachments

• 36700.jpeg
      36700.jpeg
      347.6 KB · Views: 192

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would check GB to give you a ballpark, but GB tends to start high why you have to look at bid counts not just price. I have seen Enfield Jungle Carbines go from $350-$550, for mostly correct rifles. That is just what I have seen in person in the last year or two. The biggest thing is if has been drilled and tapped all over the place for that scope mount then that kills the historical value of it. Any stock mods also severely affect it as well as not have matching numbers and original pieces. From your pic the muzzle does not seem to be correct. Unsure on your stock or the cheek riser. And don't know about the scope mount or how it was put on. Hopefully it just replaced the rear leaf and not permanent but then you are out a leaf sight. Lots a variables here on it man. On the plus side it is in a popular caliber though I think any historical value may be gone. Just my opinion, I am by no means an expert on the jungle carbines.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    There was a company cutting the Ishy Enfields down for a while but I believe they're out of business now; can't remember the name. At any rate, this isn't one of the actual No.5 Jungle Carbines in .303 and they run about 400-500. Figure a bit less, I'd say. What's the optic?

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doesn't appear to be a "jungle carbine". I've owned 2 No5 MK1's and still have one. Only way to know for sure is to look at the receiver for what's called lightening cuts and removing the hand guard to look for the same cuts on the barrel. I'm not familiar with Ishapore's so I can't comment on if that's what it is. I don't recall the name of the company that did the conversions either but they were mostly No4 MK1's that they cut down to look like the jungle carbine.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    RFI is "Rifle Factory Ishapore" the company cutting up the 2A1 rifles and converting them was "Gibbs" and this looks like a No#7 carbine

Last edited:
    Top Bottom