• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I have had my .45 Shield for a while now and I have purchased 3 holsters for it since owning it. Before purchasing the .45 Shield, my main carry gun was my Walther PPS. And ever since owning it, I've always carried it in a handmade leather holster from a guy that makes them one at a time out of quality leather etc...

Well, I tried to try out some of the so called miracle holsters (less money) out there that everyone talks about these days and have not liked any of them. So a few months back I put in an order for another holster from the same holster maker. His name is Nate Gamble and he owns UBG Holsters. UBG stands for ugly bald guy, hahahah.

But man, now that I have one of his holsters for my Shield, it feels so much better carrying it! I should have known better to just stick with what I knew I liked. But his holsters are not the cheapest and it takes over 2-3 months to get one from him sometimes.

So what is your favorite inside the waist carry holster? My original UBG holster for my Walther PPS is about 13 years old and still looks and works as the new one I just received.

Attachments

• IMG_20170804_171916.jpg
      IMG_20170804_171916.jpg
      503.6 KB · Views: 394
    • IMG_20170804_165950.jpg
      IMG_20170804_165950.jpg
      482.9 KB · Views: 347

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a fan of Nate's holsters also. I used a UBG "Nassar" for my Bersa 380CC but I really never took to IWB carry so I got the "Phaetos" for OWB carry. I have used it for over 8 years now EDCing my CZ75 PCR.

UBG Nassar.jpg

Phaetos-1.jpg

Attachments

• Phaetos-1.jpg
      Phaetos-1.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 380
    • UBG Nassar.jpg
      UBG Nassar.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 407

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crossbreed or H-R Custom which is a Panhandle guy if he is still in business.

Edit
    Looks like he is still around.
    https://hrcustomholsters.com

I have tried the HR customs and Crossbreed type holsters as well. Too much material for me! The are comfortable. But I could not slide them on or off very easy without completely undoing my belt etc... With the UBG holsters, I can easily slide the holster in and out of the waist!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are somewhat of a pain to get on and off but to me the comfort makes up for it. I never take mine off during the day. If I have my pants on then I'm carrying.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't like IWB.
    But when I must do it, I use N82. Very comfortable, and nice knowing that my sweat isn't rusting the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dead Eye Lukes kydex. Got them for a G23, 27, 42 and a 1911. Extremely thin, fabricated with a single piece of kydex. This eliminates bulk/thickness from mounting hardwear and extra material (holster width) needed to accommodate it. Slip on/off without removing your belt. No leather, nylon or foam to hold dirt or sweat. No need to have backup holster while primary dries after cleaning. Mine were made by the previous D.E.L. owner and I have not had any issues with them. These aren't BBQ pretty but I don't sag my 501s. Lol

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Bravo Concealment for my Shield and a G-Code INCOG for my FN. I personally don't like leather for IWB due to the fact it's hard to reholster if you need to. They always seem to collapse when you draw your weapon. Both of the holsters I use have this nice suede like material on the outside for traction and to feel better against the skin. Just my opinion on the subject. IMG_0854.jpg IMG_0180.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpg
      IMG_0854.jpg
      621.5 KB · Views: 431
    • IMG_0180.JPG
      IMG_0180.JPG
      869.2 KB · Views: 489

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll have to post pics but I am partial to Sticky holsters. You either love em or hate em. I love em you just have to know their limitations and dress accordingly. I love that barely there feel. I appendix carry and as long as you do not have a belly hanging over your belt line the holsters do a great job of staying put even when walking around, sitting etc. Its nothing more than a sleeve that sticks between you and your clothing so its so nice to be able to quickly adjust it without messing with a clip. I know a lot of folks dont like them but I do.

SSP92A1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 with a Colt Combat Commander.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Bravo Concealment for my Shield and a G-Code INCOG for my FN. I personally don't like leather for IWB due to the fact it's hard to reholster if you need to. They always seem to collapse when you draw your weapon. Both of the holsters I use have this nice suede like material on the outside for traction and to feel better against the skin. Just my opinion on the subject. View attachment 55928 View attachment 55929

I've tried holsters with those type clips and I cannot get them on and off easily. Also, the holsters that have hardware (screws) always seem to work their way loose and I'm constantly checking to make sure screws are always tight etc... Again, just my personal preference.

damnifino

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my HR Customs for my shield 9mm. Its as comfortable as it can be and he's local.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gcode incog...it was a want not a need.
    0791870313e075fe969206cf6eadef55.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gcode incog...it was a want not a need.
    0791870313e075fe969206cf6eadef55.jpg

Does the muzzle not dig into you with it exposed like that? I like my gun to be completely encased where ever it can touch my body. The UBG ones I have, have a sweat guard up where the rear of the pistol comes in contact with my body as well.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah I was checking the fit with a full size m&p, still works good. It's fitted for my 9c. Yes it does have a sweat guard and I removed the extra belt clip so the holster can be canted slightly when carrying. It seems to work at the 3:30-4:00 but it's best fit is appendix carry.
    527997e1171a2983f3b37633e25652f3.jpg

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    JM Custom for kydex and Milt Sparks for leather. I like to keep things simple.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Check out Emerald Coast Concealment. Local to the area, and great prices. Send Jogan a pm on here for details

fl8216

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I love this holster, wears well even in the summer heat. N82-2.jpg

Attachments

• N82-2.jpg
      N82-2.jpg
      497.5 KB · Views: 242
    Top Bottom