• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crtis09

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The prices for these things are all over the place. Someone wants to trade me this setup and I'm lost. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1474.PNG
      IMG_1474.PNG
      120.1 KB · Views: 202

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It really depends on if you want one with all the tacticool add ons or not. Personally I would pass on it. I wouldn't value it more than $350-$400 and that's being generous. SKS's have gone up considerably in value in recent years but for most, the stock, lack of bayonet and everything else pretty much kills it. MHO of course.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    It really depends on if you want one with all the tacticool add ons or not. Personally I would pass on it. I wouldn't value it more than $350-$400 and that's being generous. SKS's have gone up considerably in value in recent years but for most, the stock, lack of bayonet and everything else pretty much kills it. MHO of course.

I have to agree. An original Norinco SKS in good condition can fetch upwards to $650-$700. More if it is in very good to excellent condition. The one pictured has been destroyed in value through all of the mods done to it. Value is certainly no more than $350. Additionally, the magazines pictured with it have no real value. These magazines are a pain to use. I had one that I tried to use on a SKS I once owned. After the first time of trying to change the magazine, it was quicker to reload 10 rounds on a stripper clip or by hand into the factory 10-round box magazine.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to agree. An original Norinco SKS in good condition can fetch upwards to $650-$700. More if it is in very good to excellent condition. The one pictured has been destroyed in value through all of the mods done to it. Value is certainly no more than $350. Additionally, the magazines pictured with it have no real value. These magazines are a pain to use. I had one that I tried to use on a SKS I once owned. After the first time of trying to change the magazine, it was quicker to reload 10 rounds on a stripper clip or by hand into the factory 10-round box magazine.

If it's a Norinco SKS-M or SKS-D it's worth $650-$700+. Same with an original Russian SKS. Otherwise $400 seems to be the going rate for most rifles in their original state.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    If it's a Norinco SKS-M or SKS-D it's worth $650-$700+. Same with an original Russian SKS. Otherwise $400 seems to be the going rate for most rifles in their original state.

If you look at the magazines, it is an indication that it is not a D or M as they use standard AK type magazines.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not worthless but the historical portion has been destroyed by the barrel threading and tacticool stock. A Norinco in all original trim is a nice piece with some historical value in my opinion, right below a Russian one. Just like having a Norinco AK is a collectors piece these days much like the Poly Tech. I mean if you really liked it you could restore it to original config, stock numbers may not match but the clincher is the threaded barrel, no changing that back to original. Just my opinion but I see value in SKSs for their history in original condition as opposed to try to make them a tactical rifle.

Top Bottom