• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terreythompson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey,

I'm new here but I thought you guys could help out. I've been in the market for a new red dot scope for the last few months and after considering a few brands I finally got one I liked - Holosun HS403A Micro.

Does anyone have any experience with Holosun? I know they are one of the more popular brands out there.

I have no complaints with it, it's great for low light, waterproof and it isn't too expensive. The only problem is the damn thing won't stay securely fit.

After about 3-4 weeks of use it becomes slightly loose. I attempted to contact Holosun but got no response. Right now, I'm thinking of using Loctite to secure it a bit better - as per a suggestion on Gun News Daily -
    https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-red-dot-sights/

Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone here can help me out but do you find this to be an issue in general with AR-15 scopes? Should I just keeping tightening the screws or try something else?

Thanks in advance :usa2:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Learned this many years ago. When it drys it does not become hard and lock up tight. It stays just soft enough to not allow vibration to loosen screws or nuts. Easy to unscrew with not a huge amount of torque.
    I have been using this on scope ring screws and scope base screws for some time now. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have one of the HOLOSUN Paralow HS403A red-dots on one of my ARs. Thus far, it has shown no signs of loosening. All I did was tighten it down to where it is snug, but not overtightened.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Learned this many years ago. When it drys it does not become hard and lock up tight. It stays just soft enough to not allow vibration to loosen screws or nuts. Easy to unscrew with not a huge amount of torque.
    I have been using this on scope ring screws and scope base screws for some time now. --- SAWMAN

I've always used nail polish. Works great

Top Bottom