• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A buddy of mine is looking to build out a stripped lower that he has. He handled a friends AR that has the Spikes enhanced LPK and he liked that trigger much better than the trigger in the rifle he already owns. What other options should he look into? I mentioned maybe a LPK minus the fire control group and some type of nice trigger.As of now he is thinking of building this lower into a 300 B.O. pistol if that matters.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm definitely not an expert, but my experience has shown it to be a crapshoot as far as triggers go in normal LPK's. Granted, I don't have a lot of experience with the "upgraded" LPK's with enhanced triggers. Given that most LPK's without the FCG aren't all that less expensive than ones with FCG's, I'd recommend just buying any old LPK and trying it. If he's not happy with the trigger, he can do the $35 trigger job or buy a proven aftermarket trigger.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Stock CMMG and aero triggers have been pretty good(for stock triggers). The enhanced lpk comes with the spikes "battle trigger". I'd say it's on par with the ACT or any of the other Nib triggers out there. The QMS is nice step up from stock but it's also close enough that it can feel similar to a good stock trigger. At least with the QMS, you know what you're getting. Stock triggers are still a bit of a crap shoot.

I've got parts to do an lpk with or without a fcg. I've got some full spikes enhanced kits as well.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Entry-level FCGs like Anderson or the budget PSA is just that, budget and it will function. I've had the ACT and QMS from Geissle and they were good for a milspec trigger. The Spikes and Aero FCGs are better than others. I personally like a drop in trigger like CMC single stage but it's personal preference. Jeep has a couple good videos covering a few triggers including Velocity. If your friend is wanting to stay "budget friendly" I'd pick up a Spikes or Aero from Little Jacks. A drop-in like CMC is around $160-$175, sometimes cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a lower parts kit minus trigger/grip that sounded great but was terrible. It was the Armaspec LPK from joebobs. I eventually replaced all the parts with seekins parts from TGD. I bought a drop in 3.5 match trigger from AR15part.com for about $129.00 that I liked so much I got a second one. It came with the anti-roll pins for that price also. AR15part.com sends their stuff in unmarked packages but the trigger was a rise armament trigger which is just as good as the CMC drop in I paid around $200.00 without the pins. If you want to try the ones I have send me a PM and we can meet.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks everyone for the input. We checked out the trigger that Luv mentioned and it looks like he is going to order 2 tomorrow. They have a coupon code running right now which makes the trigger $115 delivered for one or $110 delivered if you buy two so I will be getting one also. Next will be deciding which kit to get from Little Jack's. Between CMMG, Aero and Spikes is it a crap shoot on which has the best trigger? He plans to use the trigger to put in his AR rifle that has a terrible trigger.

Top Bottom