• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man I am glad nobody bought my Hungarian under folder. Saw a couple at a LGS going for 1k!! They came with less than I was offering with mine. Phew!! close one.
    Ak prices seem to be on the rise lately. I know they have been going up incrementally through the years but it seems in the last year or two they have really taken off. Maybe I am confusing private asking prices with online ones. Saw a RAS47 on Armslist asking 1k also. Online can be found in $500 range give or take.
    This should be a golden age in gun rights advocacy. No better opportunity than now to get rid of antiquated useless laws. Time to ease importation regulations on firearms and parts from overseas manufacturers. Imagine if they reversed the ban on Russian firearms?? Saiga's value skyrocketed overnight. What about being able to own a surplus Russian or other eastern European SVD rifle? Those things go for 4-5k, for an awesome sporting rifle that is no more dangerous than anything else we already make in this country. Oh the possibilities........

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you had it priced right. You just didn't wait long enough to get a good bite. If it were priced any higher you would be like others here and have 15 or 17k views on sale items with no takers.. How many people are really buying 1k AK47s especially ones with American made barrels or recievers?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    In that case, the milled 5.56 AK I offered you has went up to $1300.00 now. :eek:hwell:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I think so too. At 650 it seemed to be a good price for quality kit with a Romanian drum. I hate how they stopped importing the barrels with the kits. Few Ak barrels are up to par besides maybe DDI, Arsenal and a couple of others. No name, non chrome lined CAI barrels turn me off too.
    All that being said though, my Hungarian really is top quality, I do wish I had a chrome lined barrel but other than that everything is made very very well, and finish is nicer than those I have seen on some Arsenal AKs. Someday if these import laws and sanctions are eased, I may be able to get my hands on the unicorn polytech and SVD or NDM rifles.
    I have since said what the heck and put a full railed handguard and bipod on her. I am sure to wear out that barrel quick in that mode, shooting prone supported with a 75rd drum and smooth G2 trigger. The milled receiver should be able to handle it no prob but the barrel will def not keep up.

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In that case, the milled 5.56 AK I offered you has went up to $1300.00 now. :eek:hwell:

lol makes sense. I would totally take that off your hands if I had the scratch man. Truly gorgeous looking rifle.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is how I got the Hungarian dressed for now. I still need to modify the lower handguard to fit the last bit of cleaning rod purely for aesthetic purposes.
    Makes me long for the days where the RPK imports where everywhere. I was in high school and couldn't buy anyway. I am the only firearm enthusiast in my family, and the only one to join the military so eh, everyone has their hobby

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
      IMG_0780.JPG
      234.4 KB · Views: 238

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An enthusiast you maybe, a purist your not. Lots of tacticool BS. For my liking. But hey throw it out there again. You might get your 1k......

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ain't looking for 1k out of this and never wanted to sell it anyway. As far as purist? Not with this one since the Hungarians never produced a milled underfolder, only stamped ones. So even dressed in original blonde wood the milled receiver is a dead give away to purists

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In hindsight I'm happy it didn't sell, I missed out on something I had my eye on but the more I handle and shoot it, the more fun I have with it. Thinking of trying the paracord wrap for check weld.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An enthusiast you maybe, a purist your not. Lots of tacticool BS. For my liking. But hey throw it out there again. You might get your 1k......

This is why I sold my ammo. I couldn't find a decent unmolested/ not neutered AK. There was a nice one on here a while ago with beautiful russian red wood stock on it that I hesitated on and it was sold at a very fair price. Oh well. The right one will come along some day.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Centry pumped out a bunch of 63D underfolders with blond furniture and milled receivers. What makes your so special???
    who said anything about mine being special? Its one of the bunch of 63D underfolders that Century pumped out so I don't get your point. Its not an Izzy manufactured or high end AK. Reason why I put the easily switched, not permanently modifying "tacticool BS" on it. To have a bit of fun shooting it with different furniture that supports a bipod.
    Oh and purists for AK is subjective these days. Its all in context man, if you are looking for a military looking AK then yeah I get the matching or mis-matched red wood with bolt carriers in the white and wood pistol grips etc. But you should see what they are rocking overseas these days with beautiful original AKs that belong in museums. Rails, lights, red dots, forward grips, bipods, etc etc. Makes my "tacticool" no collectors value AK look like REMFs

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why I sold my ammo. I couldn't find a decent unmolested/ not neutered AK. There was a nice one on here a while ago with beautiful russian red wood stock on it that I hesitated on and it was sold at a very fair price. Oh well. The right one will come along some day.

Stock sets are the easy part man. If you found a nice imported barreled receiver you could find a nice stock set to bring it back to its original config and still maintain 922r compliance. I usually start with MFG and importer and if the barreled receiver looks un molested then it has potential for restoration. The ones I scroll right past are the painted ones or the modified sights and even picatinny dust covers. Then again on a WASR, I.O. RAS or Century type I can see how some guys want to see how far they can stretch their AKs. If there was a railed out, cerakoted, "upgraded" Polytech type AK or other collectors AK then that would suck.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In your for sale ad you never mentioned anything about US made parts (reciever/barrel) but just that it was purely Hungarian besides 922 parts. So I thought that I would ask..

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't gey me wrong. I've gone dowm the "tacticool" path but now, as Ive gotten older perhaps, I have come to appreciate moreso revolvers and AK's with wood stocks as they were originally designed.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't gey me wrong. I've gone dowm the "tacticool" path but now, as Ive gotten older perhaps, I have come to appreciate moreso revolvers and AK's with wood stocks as they were originally designed.
    Oh I am with ya there. I love the look of an original looking AK or AKM. I have yet to get much into wheel guns but someday I am sure my interests will swing that way. I have tried to read up on S&W different models, locks vs pre lock etc. There are so many variables that affect value I get overwhelmed in S&W revolver world.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nobody is in a hurry to buy anything right now, since there's no mean woman coming to take it away.
    If you want to sell something it has to be so aggressively priced that buyers can't pass it up (some manufacturers are realizing this), or if has to be exactly what someone wants, or you don't sell. Trading is pretty popular right now though since we're all in the same predicament.
    You have a nice AK, you can drop the price a bit to move it, you can sit on it for a while until someone wants a nice truck gun, or you can do like some folks and just sit on it.
    Regardless, my advice would be to not take it so personal. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody is in a hurry to buy anything right now, since there's no mean woman coming to take it away.
    If you want to sell something it has to be so aggressively priced that buyers can't pass it up (some manufacturers are realizing this), or if has to be exactly what someone wants, or you don't sell. Trading is pretty popular right now though since we're all in the same predicament.
    You have a nice AK, you can drop the price a bit to move it, you can sit on it for a while until someone wants a nice truck gun, or you can do like some folks and just sit on it.
    Regardless, my advice would be to not take it so personal. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, thanks for the life advice on not taking things personally, but honestly there was nothing to take personally. Read from the start of the thread. I simply stated that I am glad my AK did not sell cause I found I get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Never said I was looking to sell it for 1k, never said I wanted more money or complain why no one bought it. The original post was simply to spark a discussion on AK prices and the possibilities if sanctions and import laws were to be changed. Should be a lot to talk about besides a rifle that I am not selling and not trying to sell, don't need advice on how to sell it or why it isnt selling cause again, its not for sale. I do not know how this thread turned into that. This honestly makes me laugh. Read the whole thread, see for yourself. Again thanks for the advice man but you assumed a bit wrong. I was not mad or upset or took anything personal, just went with the flow of the thread since it deviated so much from the original post. Was just trying to have a convo with fellow gun enthusiasts about a couple of subjects not relating to an AK that I do not have for sale.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom