• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, I am really concerned about traffic getting to Hopkinsville, or anywhere along the path. At least my motel is on the edge of totality so if nothing else I can get a little of it.

Where ever you view it you probably need to be there by daylight.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well if you cannot see this one, the next one will be.

After the August 2017 total solar eclipse, the next annular solar eclipse that can be seen in the continental United States will be on October 14, 2023 which will be visible from Northern California to Florida. Following this, we will have a total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024 visible from Texas to Maine

When was the last solar eclipse seen from contiguous United States, and when will the next one happen?

The last total solar eclipse viewed from contiguous United States was on Feb. 26, 1979 whose path passed through the northwestern U.S. states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Canadian provinces of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. After the August 2017 total solar eclipse, the next annular solar eclipse that can be seen in the continental United States will be on October 14, 2023 which will be visible from Northern California to Florida. Following this, we will have a total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024 visible from Texas to Maine.

When was the last solar eclipse seen from contiguous United States, and when will the next one happen?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    From my government sponsored LSD days,i'm used to sitting out in the yard,stareing at the sun anyway . . . so . . . i'm good to go. ---- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Think I'll wait on the one, next annular solar eclipse that can be seen in the continental United States will be on October 14, 2023

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As tight as you're with "RICK SCOTT" he hasn't issued you GOVERNOR LIFE TIME LICENSE YET? :wave:

Will talk with Rick next time he is in our area and put a good word in for you :tinfoil3:

That's right !!
    That same year I will be eligible for a free hunting license. --- SAWMAN

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Annual solar eclipses are not all that impressive, meaning not all of the Sun's disk is covered, never goes dark. This is created by the Moon being at a further distance from Earth in it's orbit, which is not circular but an ellipse.

This one on Aug 21 and the one in 2024 will be the only chance most of us will have to experience a total solar eclipse in country. I'm pretty sure I won't see 2047.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THAT, was the most awesome thing I have ever witnessed in the sky. We had over 2 minutes of totality, and it went by fast. Can't wait until the next one in 2024.

RH

Top Bottom