• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Curious if anyone here is mining crypto currencies.

Just wondering if the online mining profitability calculators are accurate.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL I am not even sure how you would start....and what you would need. :embarassed:

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Video card prices have jumped up so high in the last few weeks so much so, that if you didn't already have the equipment then it probably isn't worth it. The AMD cards are better at it, and the prices on them are outrageous.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just thought I would post a follow up to this in case anyone else here was considering getting into mining.
    In mid September I built a 3GPU rig. In early November I added two additional GPUs. At this time I have recouped 63% of my investment and could easily sell my rig for about 90% of what I have in it if I decided to get out. I say that because just to see what kind of response I would get I put the rig on craigslist and have had offers for what I have in it.

Three weeks ago I was talking to my father about it and we ended up building him a 2GPU rig and a week later he ordered a different motherboard to expand, ordered 4 more GPUs and will be ordering an additional 6 when he gets back from vacation.

If you are interested in getting into mining and have questions let me know. I am by no means an expert but have learned a few things in the couple months since I started. If you are curious about what it takes and what kind of results you can expect I set up a small website that will show you what hardware you will need to buy and gives some links to calculators to see what your expected return is.

http://www.flminer.com

At this time:
    $900 investment is expected to return $90/month
    $1900 investment is expected to return $290/month
    $3300 investment is expected to return $525/month

If you already have a gaming video card you can get started for no money in. If you already have a desktop computer with a free PCIE x16 slot you can get a single card for as little as $250. Each of my sons did this (back when the cards were $200 each) and are getting about $40/month.

Disclaimer: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just thought I would post a follow up to this in case anyone else here was considering getting into mining.
    In mid September I built a 3GPU rig. In early November I added two additional GPUs. At this time I have recouped 63% of my investment and could easily sell my rig for about 90% of what I have in it if I decided to get out. I say that because just to see what kind of response I would get I put the rig on craigslist and have had offers for what I have in it.

Three weeks ago I was talking to my father about it and we ended up building him a 2GPU rig and a week later he ordered a different motherboard to expand, ordered 4 more GPUs and will be ordering an additional 6 when he gets back from vacation.

If you are interested in getting into mining and have questions let me know. I am by no means an expert but have learned a few things in the couple months since I started. If you are curious about what it takes and what kind of results you can expect I set up a small website that will show you what hardware you will need to buy and gives some links to calculators to see what your expected return is.

http://www.flminer.com

At this time:
    $900 investment is expected to return $90/month
    $1900 investment is expected to return $290/month
    $3300 investment is expected to return $525/month

If you already have a gaming video card you can get started for no money in. If you already have a desktop computer with a free PCIE x16 slot you can get a single card for as little as $250. Each of my sons did this (back when the cards were $200 each) and are getting about $40/month.

Disclaimer: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
    I've watched these schemes for more than 50 years. The only folks that make any money are the ones that dream them up.

Members online

Top Bottom