• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sense I got my 45 Shield, I renewed my interest in having some 45 shot shell available, to use, with cci 's costing about 2 bucks to get them, started looking at making them, looked at the cost of RCBS dies, a set from what I could find. is running over 300 bills the size die along about 100 bucks plus. Tried the new thing, looked up doing this on U_tube, tried several thing that I found, none them worked 100 % got about 10 % to work right and was hard to keep them consistent, So I then went it the old man way.
    Got on the lathe and made a seizing die. and expending die, and away to cut case the right length. Then worked on getting the power and shot right to function and feed this is what I ended up with. The one on the right is a cci al. case on he left is the one I made up using 308 case, If any one is interested will make them some with # 12 or #9 shot or what every you want, for half of what they cost just get up with me snake season is in . just my 10 cents jj

Attachments

• 104_0315.jpg
      104_0315.jpg
      864.6 KB · Views: 325
    • 104_0316.jpg
      104_0316.jpg
      794.6 KB · Views: 299

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take a 100 rounds. I've killed a big moccasin with the CCI stuff, shredded his head. I believe they use #9 but I see they are also using #4 shot these days. Think I'll stick with #9, it killed that moccasin easy enough and had a nice pattern at 4-5 feet.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's from a .308 case? Cool.

I believe we left a big pile right there next to the workbench, almost straight out from the lathe.

I can also transport between you and Sporter if you want- Like I said, id like to come back up in a couple weeks anyways, to finish up the SKS and the Saiga.

skeetzappa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

skeetzappa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh shoot! Just looked at your op again, I guess a shot capsule might not feed as well. I guess I see where what you're trying to do will certainly feed better

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They will not work in a 45 acp, first they are to long second to big to fit in the chamber, #3they want feed with out braking #4 they want work

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    JJ, when you going to make some .45 Colt rat-shot rounds? Maybe a 1/2 load each of #9 and #12 mixed together in each round? Or just #9 or #12 rounds. Either way, I'd be interested in some if you decide on it.

Top Bottom