• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

30shortof100

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for your 2A efforts. Please research and advise everyone about the inequality in law that allows self defense against dangerous humans but not dangerous animals. This is a growing concern due to TNR (trap neuter release) programs and people growing their own food. Also of concern is the recent rabies cases in Florida. Simply stated if a homeowner sees a rabid cat in his personal private fenced property he cannot shoot it. Farmland, rural or city it makes no difference. The property owner may call animal control. Duval County (Jacksonville Florida) has a total of eight animal control officers. Animal control may attempt to capture the rabid cat but they cannot shoot it. The home owner may call the police who will refer the home owner to animal control. If an officer arrives and can determine the cat is a danger the officer may shoot the cat and face a shooting review board. There are currently no exceptions to the law to allow a person to defend himself or others or his property against feral cats or dogs. Cats are proven to be prolific carriers of zoonotic diseases. Cats are the most reported and recorded carriers of rabies. Cats are the only animal that provides sexual reproduction of Toxoplasma gondii. The perfect biological weapon that remains infectious in cat feces for eighteen months. Any human contact with soil containing cat feces is dangerous, lawn, garden, golf course or playground. Please research and prove or disprove this information. I think you will find that exceptions need to be made to the laws to allow personal protection of body and property against feral animals.

Florida 828.12 Cruelty to animals.—
    (2) A person who intentionally commits an act to any animal, or a person who owns or has the custody or control of any animal and fails to act, which results in the cruel death, or excessive or repeated infliction of unnecessary pain or suffering, or causes the same to be done, commits aggravated animal cruelty, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or by a fine of not more than $10,000, or both.
    (a) A person convicted of a violation of this subsection, where the finder of fact determines that the violation includes the knowing and intentional torture or torment of an animal that injures, mutilates, or kills the animal, shall be ordered to pay a minimum mandatory fine of $2,500 and undergo psychological counseling or complete an anger management treatment program.
    (b) A person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this subsection shall be required to pay a minimum mandatory fine of $5,000 and serve a minimum mandatory period of incarceration of 6 months. In addition, the person shall be released only upon expiration of sentence, is not eligible for parole, control release, or any form of early release, and must serve 100 percent of the court-imposed sentence. Any plea of nolo contendere shall be considered a conviction for purposes of this subsection.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just noticed that, kind of a crappy way to start out on a new forum. Whatever happened to joining, introducing yourself and then getting involved in some of the conversations. Kind of fishy!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I use the 3S, or the 3B method

Shoot, shovel, shut up

Or if I catch it, I find a
    Bag, brick and a bridge.

If you don't want your cat dead keep that nasty pos off my property.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Cred and respect is earned. Your post makes sense, but like it was said, a proper introduction instead of a public service announcement would be a better route.
    JMO.
    Welcome to the forum, I think?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I wiil have to drive over to Jax this weekend to sell a pound of H335.
    I will take care of that problem for you after meeting with the buyer. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My wife called animal control about the feral dog pack living across the road from us. They told her we live too far from the city, but if we found an injured cat or dog they'd come for that. I talked to 2 FWC officers and was told dogs and cats are not part of their job and hinted it was up to me to take care of the situation.

Until FWC changed the rules, I couldn't even shoot a coyote at night if attacking my goats without calling FWC first! That's now changed...coyotes on private land are 24x7 without calling for permission.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's BS from the git go. If you are on your property, or even walking on the road through your neighborhood, and a "Rabid" animal or any animal, such as a vicious dog attacks you, You CAN DEFEND YOURSELF and ARE JUSTIFIED in STOPPING that Threat, whether by shooting it, beating it off of you with a bat or knifing the thing.

I'm sure what you are quoting is "Just an Animal lolly-gagging in your yard". Then You MUST call the pound, or let the animal alone. If you walk outside and the animal tries to bite you, You ARE JUSTIFIED in killing it if the threat has risen to that level.
    But if you maliciously shoot or beat an animal for no reason, then that is against the law. Duhhh

If you have chickens and a CAT (tame or feral) is catching/molesting them, you can shoot it too. Same with a dog eating your chickens. You have a right to defend your family, livestock and pets.

Who do you work for PETA ??? Go blow that smoke up someone else's arse.

I tell you what. The next time you're outside in your yard and a rabid cat attacks you, or a large vicious dog attacks, and you have the means to stop that threat but don't. And After the attack, IF you're still alive or able, you call the pound and report it. Then let us know how that works out for you.

A vicious dog does not include a wiener dog or other ankle biters. So use common sense.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have killed a black lab,a Sheppard, and two of them guys selling steaks from the back of their little pickup truck already today. And the day is still young.
    I'm hitchin' a ride on the next east bound train to show them pussy . . . cats over in Jax just how its done. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC00871.JPG
      DSC00871.JPG
      380.2 KB · Views: 206

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in Jay and I've already done some target practice in my backyard with metal targets, using my 10/22. I have complete confidence that I could shoot any nuisance/dangerous animals in my yard and bury them in the woods behind my house without much hassle from anyone.

30shortof100

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I apologize to those who have been offended. I am a straight forward get to the point type of person. I am not surprised by the comments posted on this thread. They are typical of the comments I have encountered through many years of dealing with this problem. Far too many of us continue to think that common sense is common and that the majority of people think as we do. I have found that unless someone researches this issue for themselves they do not understand the enormity of the problem. That is why I posted "research and advise". Consider that the toxoplasma gondii oocysts are not rendered safe by bleach, lime, or hydracloric acid. Heat is one of the few methods to render the body and body fluids safe. The old SSS method will create an area that will remain infectious for eighteen months. The soil containing the oocysts will infect any living thing that can walk, swim or fly. A simple internet search will prove that dumping litter boxes in California land fills killed seals in the Pacific Ocean, biologists in Ohio are proving toxoplasma gondii is killing whitetail deer, this link will educate one about beluga whales. Most persons will even accept the cat lovers ruse that a normal immune system will force the toxoplasmosis into muscle tissue so why worry? Why would any thinking person want to accept an infection in a human or animal that will explode when their immune system weakens? It is common in animals and humans to grimace or laugh when faced with danger. You can learn to control it as you grow older. I challenge one and all to search and see if there is an exception in Florida Statutes that allows anyone but a law enforcement officer to shoot a cat.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I apologize to those who have been offended. I am a straight forward get to the point type of person. I am not surprised by the comments posted on this thread. They are typical of the comments I have encountered through many years of dealing with this problem. Far too many of us continue to think that common sense is common and that the majority of people think as we do. I have found that unless someone researches this issue for themselves they do not understand the enormity of the problem. That is why I posted "research and advise". Consider that the toxoplasma gondii oocysts are not rendered safe by bleach, lime, or hydracloric acid. Heat is one of the few methods to render the body and body fluids safe. The old SSS method will create an area that will remain infectious for eighteen months. The soil containing the oocysts will infect any living thing that can walk, swim or fly. A simple internet search will prove that dumping litter boxes in California land fills killed seals in the Pacific Ocean, biologists in Ohio are proving toxoplasma gondii is killing whitetail deer, this link will educate one about beluga whales http://www.popsci.com/article/science/cat-parasite-found-arctic-beluga-whales. Most persons will even accept the cat lovers ruse that a normal immune system will force the toxoplasmosis into muscle tissue so why worry? Why would any thinking person want to accept an infection in a human or animal that will explode when their immune system weakens? It is common in animals and humans to grimace or laugh when faced with danger. You can learn to control it as you grow older. I challenge one and all to search and see if there is an exception in Florida Statutes that allows anyone but a law enforcement officer to shoot a cat.

My vote is in..... :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

30shortof100

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The point of this is to share my knowledge of this problem with good people to allow them to fight TNR programs when they come to your neighborhood.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sweet,
    I get to be involved in one of those threads I always read about after it's already been closed. Woo Woo
    I was here,
    Here I was,
    Was I here,
    Sure I was.

Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom