• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For sale - - -> Benchmade Infidel (full sized). Comes with everything that it did from the factory except the price. Along with it (extra) will be a small Torx kit to use to remove the belt clip if desired. This extra kit cost about $20. IIRC.
    This knife has been carried and sharpened. It has been fired about 50 times but never "played with". It fires super strong and retracts well also.
    The sale of this knife will be FTF at my house in Cantonment,and will be treated as a firearm. You MUST have at least 30 posts on this forum to be an eligable buyer.
    The pic with everything is the actual sale item. The other pic is from Benchmade.
    The price is $300. FIRM. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170619_122353.jpg
      20170619_122353.jpg
      688.6 KB · Views: 507
    • infidel_1000x1000.jpg
      infidel_1000x1000.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 498

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That's one thing about my EDC blades Bob. They are never used for anything except their primary intended use.
    Not to core an apple,not to strip wire,not as a screwdriver. I have other tools for that. Not even to show to other people.
    This fine blade has been used for exactly . . . . nothing. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I look at my EDC blade as just another urban survival item.
    I do not pull my firearm out to show to anyone. Or use it to hammer nails,open beer bottles,or other things that it was not/is not strictly intended to do. It is my every day survival item. But unlike a backpack full of stuff in your trunk,it it intended for immediate use. When needed,there is no time (for me anyway) to resharpen,or otherwise clean and check the blade for serviceability. Same as my EDC firearm.
    The above is also how I feel about my ASP baton and my SAP. Not intended for coolness. Just stays hideing,waiting to emerge and do the most physical harm to the BG as possible. - - -> YMMV < - - - SAWMAN

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This fine blade has been used for exactly . . . . nothing. --- SAWMAN[/QUOTE]

Sir if you've never used it why would you have any reason to sharpen it? I'm just curious. Thanks

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It came from the factory kinda-almost-fairly sharp. I tried to sharpen it on a triangular ceramic stick. I finally found the ceramic stone with the right "V" shaped angles so I finished it off with that. (I guess my "thing" is sharp knives and fast bullets.)
    NOW . . . it is SHARP !! --- SAWMAN

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine definitely could have used some sharpening. They don't come nearly as sharp as they should

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    The 5-6 I had all came razor sharp, sharp enough to shave with.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They use D2 steel for these blades. With a hardness of 60-62 on the Rockwell Scale. The initial ceramic stone that I used was a Spyderco Sharpmaker. It has sharpened more blades than I can remember in the last 25 or so years that I have had it.
    I believe that if I still have it at the next gunshow,I will take it along and have the old WWII vet sharpen it for me. I had a Gerber EDC blade (MKII)sharpened for me by him this past weekend and it came out really good. Of course,he has all the right tools. The $4.00 that he charges is well worth it.
    He also told me that he already has a table at the Hadji show. --- SAWMAN

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They use D2 steel for these blades. With a hardness of 60-62 on the Rockwell Scale. The initial ceramic stone that I used was a Spyderco Sharpmaker. It has sharpened more blades than I can remember in the last 25 or so years that I have had it.
    I believe that if I still have it at the next gunshow,I will take it along and have the old WWII vet sharpen it for me. I had a Gerber EDC blade (MKII)sharpened for me by him this past weekend and it came out really good. Of course,he has all the right tools. The $4.00 that he charges is well worth it.
    He also told me that he already has a table at the Hadji show. --- SAWMAN
    I haven't been to a gun show in about two years. But the last one i went to I had the guy(assuming it's the same one) sharpen a microtech of mine. Best $4 I ever spent.

By the way, someone buy this thing over the weekend please so I don't get something else I don't really need but really want.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Rockwell 60-62 is pretty hard. I have had the best luck with 57-58..between stones, ceramic rods and fine diamond metal, I can usually get shaving sharp on most blades..

I too am compulsive about sharp edges.... if it ain't sharp, it ain't mine..even collector blades.

cold steel has the best factory edges I have ever seen....

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Honestly not sure about that Jerry. Given how anti most everything in Cali is,I would guess no way. Same in Ma,Ct,NJ,etc.
    The OTF style of blade is the most hated by most all liberals. Like some firearms,this style of knife scares them. Then they adopt the attitude,"nobody needs one of these". Pretty sad,for sure. --- SAWMAN

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom