• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need input, are these worth the expense and how effective are they in cleaning the brass? :hippie:

Are these style of brass cleaners, Stainless Steel Rotary Case Tumbler

Looking at this one, Lyman Cyclone Rotary CaseTumbler 7631550 Lyman has a $25.00 rebate on them

lyman summer mail in rebate event http://enews.midsouthshooterssupply...a0B5YWhvby5jb23DiAyE3GCKxifJRLb22-XCnOMXMlFzg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Bob, . . . . in my more than humble opinion - - - -> DON'T GO WET !!
    Dry,with walnut shell and a cap full of IOSSO brass cleaner. Works as good as you will ever need. --- SAWMAN

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a Harbor Freight dual drum tumbler with ss pins. Cheap. Does good job. Cheap way to try and see if you like wet / ss tumbling.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1072.jpg works for me

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
      IMG_1072.jpg
      494.1 KB · Views: 290
    • IMG_1215.JPG
      IMG_1215.JPG
      667.3 KB · Views: 292
    • IMG_1216.JPG
      IMG_1216.JPG
      547 KB · Views: 287
    Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The only thing Capt. Dave didn't show you was the inside of the case looks like the outside. If you rinse well and spread them out on a sheet Mr. Sunshine does a pretty good job of drying as well as an old dehydrator. I generally start them early and put them out at high noon.

I use the Thumbler's (have 2) and my shooting partner uses Frankford's I think. The drawbacks I see are quantities you can process. About 75 Win Mags at a time..120 .308s......180 .223s..about 230 9mms..220 .40s or 180 .45ACP...roughly 2# or brass for it to clean in the 4 hr tumble time.

TheMech

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wet tumbling is nice for getting the primer pockets clean. They can burr up the neck a little. And the inside of the necks get so clean that you can have galling if you seat the bullets with out any lube. Which can mess with your ED numbers.

Dry tumbling works well for most needs. Just make sure you are getting what you need. Do you really want them THAT clean?

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Once you go wet you never... Well you know.
    I have two wet tumblers. They are much better than vibrators. The only one disappointed is the wife.

Also get the large diameter stainless pins. The small pins can jam in the flash hole and need to be pushed out. Buy a cheep hair dryer to dry the brass quickly. If it's the summer you can lay them in the sun on a old towel.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have never noticed my case necks beat up any more with SS than cob media. I have never noticed issues with seating un-lubed in clean necks. I have pulled bullets and not seen any marks from seating them.

I have both and use both...different tool for a different job thing. Pistol cases I am not as particular about as I am precision rifle.

I forget which size pins I use but I think they are smaller. I load a good bit of 25 and 26 caliber and have to clean them from the necks regularly so the primer pockets don't matter in my scheme of things. An awl pushes them right out.

Old dehydrators, blow dryers, and good old sunshine dry them good....and if someone is away a sheet pan in the oven works too.

Top Bottom