• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey everyone, joined the forum a few days ago and will be moving to Pensacola at the end of the month. Waiting to close on our house and start moving in. Currently living in Chattanooga, TN. Looking forward to working on my tan year around and to continue my gun collecting. I collect military surplus and preban rifles. Lots of pistols too. Planning on getting a C&R license at some point and maybe getting into some class 3 items as well. First I want to get my conceal carry permit and go from there. Any words of advice on good shops or gun shows that are must sees will be highly appreciated. Thanks everyone! Joe

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Great to have you on the forum!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hi Joe, I can recommend a good gun dealer here. His name is Nate Horner with Little Jacks Guns. He can handle transfers, plus he is a class 3 dealer. Very fair prices. He is also a forum member.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Welcome. Won't you miss the colorful trees in Chattanooga for the pure white sand? Naw. Down here though, it's nice and level, hardly any hills to climb and no snow.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks everyone! I must admit that I'll miss the mountains in the area and all the twisty roads and restaurants here. It really is beautiful! We've lived here a year but always knew we wanted to live in FL. Both my wife and myself are avid SCUBA divers. I taught at Auburn University for 5 years and my wife finished her instructor course 2 years ago. Haven't been in the water since moving up here. TN really spoiled me with the amount of guns and the cheap prices. Way cheaper on the used market than AL.
    Are the gun shows any good here? I only went to one while I was here and it was nothing short of terrible. All guns were MSRP. Granted, this was the weekend after the election but still, it was absurd. No military rifles there at all. Hoping with all the bases in the area that there will be some old rifles for sale. Fingers crossed at least! Still waiting to close on our house. The tropical storm threw us off. Supposed to have closed last Friday. If it doesn't happen this week, then we're up shit creek without a house to live in.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to GCGF. I hope you get your house and settle in smoothly. Prices are on a roller coaster depending on what your buying or selling. Mostly a buyers market for common stuff, low prices and rebates abound. Origional military arms are no longer budget buys, as always: availability and condition drive prices.

Gun shows around Panama City over the last few years have been disappointing. Table vendors (FFL & Private) new/used firearms have been MSRP/+ with few exceptions and local shops are often cheaper. Best gun deals are found with the walking private sellers. Bulk import ammo is still high and budget/bulk small company ammo is the same as Win white box at Wally. The only thing still scarce at Wally is .22LR/Mag. Net Prices for 22LR hover around .06 +- a round.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There are only 3 or 4 people on this forum that know everything. I myself are not one of them.
    With the easy access to info on the interweb,sellers AND buyers are getting better informed. Hardly anybody simply throws a price up on their gun anymore. Same with buyers. They are for the most part,extremely informed. They usually check the ACTUAL selling price on a firearm and compare.
    This past weekend's gunshow saw prices at or above MSRP. I really wanted to ask some of the dealers what the price was BEFORE they stuck a "sale" or "reduced" sign on the weapon. IMO,most ammo at the shows has not been a good deal either.
    If you will live over P'cola way,the Robertsdale,Ala. show will be an option for you. They usually have a bunch of military weapons. Some good deals on ammo and reloading supplies also.
    When you get down here the forum members will be happy to direct you to all the shows. Right now there are 4 shows that are within driving range for me. All total,that will give you a show every couple months. We will also tell you where all the stocking dealer type of gunshops are. In "greater" P'cola there are about 10-12. Plus the dealers that we have here on this forum. Make sure that you check the prices for a firearm transfer also. They range between $20 and $50.
    Best of luck with your move. --- SAWMAN

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up on everything!

Next question. Any ranges in the area? Any to avoid or that are highly recommended? Not a long range shooter and I only have a self defense shotgun. I have some larger caliber guns but nothing huge. Just some FAL's, a Garand, a couple Mauser's and a few others. Lots of pistols too. I wouldn't mind joining a range either if there is such a thing. There's a few here in TN but I never joined. Thanks again everyone!!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up on everything!

Next question. Any ranges in the area? Any to avoid or that are highly recommended? Not a long range shooter and I only have a self defense shotgun. I have some larger caliber guns but nothing huge. Just some FAL's, a Garand, a couple Mauser's and a few others. Lots of pistols too. I wouldn't mind joining a range either if there is such a thing. There's a few here in TN but I never joined. Thanks again everyone!!
    I'm not a member, but lots of folks over that way say good things about Escambia River Gun Club.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Welcome. you gotta meet JJ Oneshot! I find most guns are too close to retail for me to buy locally, I can order them in cheaper.

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 weeks after we were scheduled to close on our house and it's finally over. Nothing wrong on our end but nothing but issues with the builder and painter. At least unpacking isn't as bad as packing everything up. Now I just need to get a current ID and get the paperwork started on my conceal carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom