• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:
    The 2017 Freedom Gunworks Mississippi Limited State Championship will be held September 23-24th at Coast Rifle & Pistol Club near Biloxi, MS. This is a USPSA sanctioned, Level 2 State/Section championship match.

MATCH DETAILS:
    The match will be 10 stages shot in a half day format. There will be four schedules to choose from, Saturday AM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM, and Sunday PM. Squad size will be strictly limited to nine shooters. There will be complimentary lunch provided each day. Award ceremony will be Sunday evening. Division will be Limited only.

RANDOM PRIZE GIVEAWAY:
    One CK Arms Limited gun (MSRP $3,000) courtesy of match title sponsor Freedom Gunworks to be given away by random draw at the awards ceremony.

PLAQUE RECOGNITION:
    State Champion, open to MS residents.
    1st-3rd place overall, open to everyone.
    High Lady, High Senior, High Super Senior, and High Junior.
    Class awards based on number of entries.

ELIGIBILITY:
    Registration will open at 7pm CST on June 6th on Practiscore at the following link:
    https://practiscore.com/2017-freedom-gunworks-mississippi-limited-state-championship/register

Limited to the first 180 shooters. Any registration after that will go to the waitlist.

MATCH FEE: $60
    Once registered you will be allowed to squad. Once approved you will be sent payment info. You have 14 days from registering to pay or you will be removed from the match. Refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the match.

STAFF PACKAGE:
    We are in need of 60 RO slots to run the match, 15 each session. Three staff members will be assigned per squad, and will have the option to shoot as embedded RO's within the squad or shoot one session, work another. Need not be a certified RO to volunteer, but is recommended. Staff will shoot FREE.

If you prefer to shoot and work together, just register as normal and select your staff schedule preference, I will squad you during that session.
    If you prefer to shoot and work separate, then sign up two entries. For the one you want to shoot select "NO" to staff and pick your squad, on the second entry, select "Ro Only" for division and the staff schedule preference you want.

For example, if you want to shoot Saturday AM and work Sunday AM, sign one entry up as normal and select "NO" to staff, then squad on Saturday AM. Sign up a second time and pick "RO Only" for division and "yes, Sunday AM" for staff, and I will squad you as staff Sunday AM.

If you want to volunteer to RO even more, then sign up a third account, etc with another staff schedule preference. We're giving a $40 per diem for ROing any extra sessions after your first one.

Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have 60 staff positions filled. You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as staff.

We are also in need of setup crew members to setup the match. The match will be completely setup the Friday evening before. Setup crew will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as setup crew, check the box indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have all setup crew positions filled.

You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as setup crew.

SCHEDULE (both days):
    8:00 - 12:30pm AM session
    1:00 - 5:30pm PM session
    6:00 - 6:30pm Award Ceremony (Sunday only)

Complimentary lunch available in the pistol clubhouse on both days.

See you at the match!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm thinking Saturday evening

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So is it 10 stages per 1/2 day? Or is it 5 stages per 1/2 and you have to sign up for 2 ?

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's what I thought, friend had questions for squadding. Will be good shooting with you!!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Squad 9, because it seems like a good idea...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No. But Biloxi is having a classifier match tomorrow evening and Dothan is having one the last weekend of July.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    To anyone planning on shooting the MS State Limited match, this was just posted on BPSA's facebook page:

Greetings shooters!

Despite numerous attempts and good faith negotiations on my part, I've been unable to reach an agreement with our host range (CRPC) to continue operating matches at their facility, and as of now all BPSA events have been suspended indefinitely.

This means tomorrow's 3gn team event is cancelled, as well as next weekend's limited state championship.

I'll be contacting competitors to issue refunds over the weekend.

Thanks to all of you for the many years of support and hard work you've given to help make BPSA possible, it has truly been a humbling and very rewarding experience to be a part of, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'd also like to wish CRPC and the newly formed incoming USPSA club the best in moving forward.

Despite our inability to reach an agreement, I certainly hold no animosity and look forward to continuing to participate in CRPC matches as both a member and participant going forward.

There are a lot of great folks in our area and I'm confident they will be able to continue building on the foundation I've built there and hopefully bring it to even further heights.

As for the future of BPSA, this is just as much a shock to me as it is to you, and while I am exploring options with other facilities, as well as potentially opening our own facility, nothing is certain as of yet, nor do I expect anything to happen very soon. As always, I will keep you updated as I find out.

Again, I'd like to thank CRPC for being gracious hosts to BPSA for the past five years, it has been an incredible experience, and I wish everyone the best moving forward.

See you at the next match!

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stunned! To me shooting sports are mostly about the social event. Drive for 2 hours, stand on the hot sun for 4 hours and then tear down. ....to shoot for a minute - thirty seconds. But I get to hang out with the "JEDI" . ( like minded people with a strong sense of honor ) with that being said. The forced Cancelation of a large match that has been advertised for months , a week before is a %÷£×% ( incert favorite adjitive ) move in my opinion no offense to the pending "new" club. ,shooting is a no %÷€₩% ZONE. and I won't be able to support in any way the %÷€₩% that own your club. ....I feel so much better now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom