• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From the recently concluded 2017 Arkansas IDPA States........

Foot on line following the rules!!! Just sayin'.......

Not wanting to stir things up, this is the right way.

Attachments

• 2017 AR IDPA States - LEGAL.JPG
      2017 AR IDPA States - LEGAL.JPG
      9.5 KB · Views: 220

Doge

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Faulting the line is only a Procedural if the foot touches the ground past the line just like in USPSA.

The only way you can get a Procedural for standing on the line like it is stated in the Written Stage Briefing specifically as per 3.6.4-A

When in doubt or want to correct something just clarify with the SO or Match Director.

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Right, have to air it out since there are so many inconsistencies both locally (w/in 50 miles) and nationally. Consensus on the IDPA forum is ride the stick!

Last edited:

Doge

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right, have to air it out since there are so many inconsistencies both locally (w/in 50 miles) and nationally. Consensus on the IDPA forum is ride the stick!

IDPA rules tend to be very subjective compared to USPSA but I always advise people to read the latest rulebook before competing or be able to cite or point out calls to be corrected.

Danoobie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO, anybody who feels their accuracy is so questionable that they
    can't stand clearly behind the line, isn't going to benefit from the
    additional closeness of crowding the line.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You can never get a PE for standing ON the fault line, only if you touch outside of it. However you may get PEs for stuff you do wrong while standing on it.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I guess all the stick and ball sports can just do away with the lines and eliminate the refs and instant replay, etc. Just let everybody do what they "feel" is right. Sounds great, so "millennial", I'm sure it is how they do sports at UC Berkeley.
    It is just a game and these are the rules. Learn them, game them, but follow them and somebody please paste targets and reset the steel. A shooting game without rules is ...war!

Doge

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess all the stick and ball sports can just do away with the lines and eliminate the refs and instant replay, etc. Just let everybody do what they "feel" is right. Sounds great, so "millennial", I'm sure it is how they do sports at UC Berkeley.
    It is just a game and these are the rules. Learn them, game them, but follow them and somebody please paste targets and reset the steel. A shooting game without rules is ...war!

Or "Outlaw" lol I've been to some clubs that said it was IDPA or USPSA but they ended up just calling it an "Outlaw" match.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes, please declare the true type of match. I whole heartly agree with every club's right to shoot matches however they please but please don't call it IDPA or USPSA if you don't intend to follow the respective rules to very best of your ability.

Doge

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, please declare the true type of match. I whole heartly agree with every club's right to shoot matches however they please but please don't call it IDPA or USPSA if you don't intend to follow the respective rules to very best of your ability.

Exactly, my big gripe as of late are people selling firearms calling them "competition" guns but not clarifying what type of competition. I did get on someone 2 years ago when they tried to sell a compensated 1911 saying it was for USPSA Single Stack. False since Comps are not allowed.

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDPA rules tend to be very subjective compared to USPSA but I always advise people to read the latest rulebook before competing or be able to cite or point out calls to be corrected.

Subjective interpretation (and lack of enforcement) by MDs and SO/ROs have driven more than one shooter away from matches.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spitfire, you are the only one that we give a PE to for standing on the line. You are special that way

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bob, we'll be using spikes Saturday. No blood no foul.

Top Bottom