• kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    870 DM Tac-14 changes everything.
    I NEED one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda Ugly... LOL

I would rather just get a Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun.

Would go nice with my Mossberg 590A1 Tactical.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I like the M4 as much as anyone.
    However, M4 isn’t Magazine fed...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I like a shotgun just fine. Until it’s time to reload, I refuse to do that thumb into the tube nonsense.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like a shotgun just fine. Until it’s time to reload, I refuse to do that thumb into the tube nonsense.

Come on now!!! You gonna let this little girl show you up with the thumb in the tube thing. Ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It a whole lot harder than her slim little thumbs make it look.
    Regardless, in an age of magazine fed everything, it’s stupid!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sidewinder looks dumb. Black Aces tried, but doesn’t work. Saigas are hit or miss (mostly miss). I’m glad a major manufacturer finally stepped up. I hope it works. Somebody needs to make a good 10 round magazine or extension, (Mec gar, Taran) and we’ll really be cooking!!

Magazine fed 10 round 14” SBS will be so awesome.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My gun weighs 5lbs 10ozs.
    With the mods done,it is most likely within 2ozs of how it came from the factory. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sooner or later, somebody will come up with one that will feed from the detachable mag AND the mag tube! Not a big engineering leap, just need the desire and funds to persue it. There may already be a patent on it. If you buy the origional, then the DM, you can chase dual feed model when it hits the streets too. I haven't drank the koolaid yet, maybe by then I'll try it. Lol

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would like to see a mini gatling gun design, using the minishells, with a backpack full of shells..

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have a mossberg 500 cruiser, which is a from the factory pistol grip with 18” barrel. I removed the standard pistol grip and installed the shockwave raptor grip which I do like better. Right now without a mag extension it holds 6+1. What are yall’s thoughts on converting it to a 14” barrel gun like with the kit in the accessories section. Pros I see are manuverability and storage and maybe weight although I dont know the weight differences. Cons I see are one less round in mag and inability to put a stock on if I ever needed to for some reason. Or since it came from factory with pistol grip can I legally switch back and forth as long as the barrel is 18”. Such as install conversion kit with raptor grip then if needed go to 18” barrel and full stock then back to conversion kit? Obviously cant put 14” barrel with anything other than raptor grip

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a mossberg 500 cruiser, which is a from the factory pistol grip with 18” barrel. I removed the standard pistol grip and installed the shockwave raptor grip which I do like better. Right now without a mag extension it holds 6+1. What are yall’s thoughts on converting it to a 14” barrel gun like with the kit in the accessories section. Pros I see are manuverability and storage and maybe weight although I dont know the weight differences. Cons I see are one less round in mag and inability to put a stock on if I ever needed to for some reason. Or since it came from factory with pistol grip can I legally switch back and forth as long as the barrel is 18”. Such as install conversion kit with raptor grip then if needed go to 18” barrel and full stock then back to conversion kit? Obviously cant put 14” barrel with anything other than raptor grip

I have a Mossberg 500 that came with the Grip and a Stock. Not sure if it would be legal. Probably not!!!

For what that kit cost I just rather buy another Shockwave than doing the conversion.

You can buy the the parts needed and cut you barrel and it's alot cheaper.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In the near future,I can see the prices of these little guns dropping. With the coming of the external mag guns will be a fall in the demand for the magbtube guns and the prices will fall.
    I can also see an eventual offering in .410. But to me,a 28ga would be mo-bedda.
    Also seems that a conversion on a Mossberg 500 would be much lighter. Not for me however. I like the beefy feeling of my 12ga Moss. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

EDIT: Deleted bum scoop. My regrets.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your gun started life as a "Shotgun", as such changing to a 14 inch barrel would make it a SBS. The Tac14 and Shockwave start life as a "Firearm". Both start life with a AOL of at least 26 inches. There is a new kit on the market for the Shorties that provides a pistol grip and Sig type brace.

His (TK5o) is a PGO (pistol grip only) firearm, and is Not a defined as Shotgun, nor a AOW, but simply a firearm. So yes, he could convert it to a 14" barrel firearm provided he removes his pistol grip and adds the birdshead pistol grip (which he has done). This gives it the OAL of 26.5" taking it out of AOW. To keep it legal, Two things you can't do to the 14" shorty's. That's add a shoulder stock or use any other pistol grip other than the birdshead one or one similar with same dimensional length, because you have to maintain the 26.5" AOL.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    His (TK5o) is a PGO (pistol grip only) firearm, and is Not a defined as Shotgun, nor a AOW, but simply a firearm. So yes, he could convert it to a 14" barrel firearm provided he removes his pistol grip and adds the birdshead pistol grip (which he has done). This gives it the OAL of 26.5" taking it out of AOW. To keep it legal, Two things you can't do to the 14" shorty's. That's add a shoulder stock or use any other pistol grip other than the birdshead one or one similar with same dimensional length, because you have to maintain the 26.5" AOL.

Your Right. I was thinking of the Mossy combo kit that had the buttstock and seperate pistol grip conversion kit.
    Thanks

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Was at the Outpost Gun Shop today in Marianna FL today and got to hold the Remington Shorty and I got to say I like the Mossberg way better.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    buck and bass is carrying the ammo....first time seeing that, $23-24 for a long box, I think 20? or 25?,

only one size box, but they had a decent stack of each

Top Bottom