• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    During the past 6 months, I have called Dillon, RCBS and LEE to replace broken, missing or defective parts.

Bottom line:

Dillon service excellent
    RCBS and LEE very good, for different reasons

Dillon: I bought a used press that had a broken low primer sensor. The battery corroded inside the sensor. Called Dillon, explained I bought a used press, the corrosion problem and would like to order a replacement (maybe $40 part). Dillon rep was very friendly asked for my shipping address and said it would be on the way. I asked how much, he said no charge! The part arrived 4 days later.

RCBS: I needed a primer catcher cup (maybe $20) for an older press that I bought used. Called RCBS and told him what I needed and that I bought the press used. He said it did not matter and was shipping the part. Part arrived about 3 weeks later.

LEE : Bought a used Load Master that had an out of spec shell plate (about $20), some of the slots were too narrow to accept brass, others were fine. Called LEE told them my problem and that I purchased the press used. They asked me to ship them the part ($3.40 my cost) and they would either repair or replace. Five days later, I had my new part and there was a hand written note describing what they did to remedy the problem (give me a new part).

Commentary:

I am pleased with my experience with each company. I would do business with all three again. Dillon treated me very well and replaced a part that had been neglected by the previous owner. Dillon presses can be more expensive so maybe you get what you pay for. RCBS also treated me well and I assume the delay maybe due the fact that the part was for a 20 year old press. I did have to come out of pocket for the LEE part, but I bought a used press. Their presses tend to be lee expensive so I guess you get what you pay for.

What are your experiences?

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hornady also has top notch customer service. I shot the spring to my handheld primer to what must have been the moon since I never found it. Called them to order a new one, and explained it was my fault. They refused to take payment, took my address, and less than a week later I had a package of three replacement springs in my mailbox.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I had to buy a replacement Dillon primer alarm (about $38)that quit working. I was told it wasn't part of the warranty.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Recently I cracked my Lee single stage press. It was an older style. They sent the free replacement a few days after emailing them.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had to buy a replacement Dillon primer alarm (about $38)that quit working. I was told it wasn't part of the warranty.

I think it depends on the representative that answers the phone. Dillon replaced my low primer alarm last fall no questions and no charge. Same with a broken indexer ring. In fact, they sent two of the rings.

Top Bottom