• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to mess with anybody's posts but did I miss something with SKS Values? They have always been $250- $300 guns. I have owned several and never been impressed with the gun or its accuracy. Now I see prices of $400-$600 and higher. what did I miss? Do I need to pull some out of the junk pile? They are fun for just shooting the crap out of something less than 50 yds but not much else. JMO, not trying to piss anybody off.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    250-300 was a few years ago. They've steadily been rising. What I dont get, is AR's are falling so hard but AK's and SKS and the like are staying well high above their supposed value, they never fell after the presidential race as others have.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not importing anymore since the Russian arms ban put in place by our former president! All Trump has to do is lift that executive order and watch the prices plummet again! I'm hoping that happens. I sold off all my Russian stuff at a profit and now miss it all. But I'm not paying the prices of today for sure. I don't miss them that much.

Simple supply and demand. The supply was cut off and now you're left to deal with what's here already as far as Russian imports. You can find the other country's copies, but they seem to be piggy backing on the the simple fact that it's a Russian copy and price is not much cheaper!

Same can be said for when I had 3-4 Mosin Nagants that I had purchased for $65 a piece years ago. Now they are going for $200-$250+ Insane, but what it is! People are paying it somewhere!

Again, I profited off of the mess. Granted not at the right now prices. But, I made some to make money for what I have now. Just wish the Russian stuff would be imported again and prices would come back down to earth to where I can have fun with one again! Blasting away with an AK was just plain fun and I could run it for a ton of range sessions and not care one bit about cleaning it!

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They have always been $250-$300 guns? Dad bought 3 from Mikes back in the mid 90's for $69 each:). I agree that I could never buy one these days with the price of ARs.

Model70

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No offense but why would you want one? They are big heavy turds compared to an Ar. I'm glad I sold mine and hell I gave a friend of my 500-600 rounds. I don't regret if at all.

I am now patiently waiting murfpcolas smartassed reply.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When SKS' s and 7.62 ×39 ammo was dirt cheap it was a fun plinker, truck or ranch gun or poor mans AK with the ugly removable mags. Most would shoot better than an AK from the same Country IMHO. Ammo is still cheaper then .223/5.56 (steel or brass case). It is not refined above a battlefield use requirement, for what it was designed to do: it does well.

Even with Trump in Office, I don't think direct imports of complete rifles will be on the agenda with the slump in sales of American made firearms. Its apples and oranges with good potential for lobbyist conflict too.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen some SKS selling prices that reflected a wishful thinking 'Bubba'd appreciated value'.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prices do reflect the times, it's not 20 years ago. What I have seen for sale here seem fair market value. What I want to know is why some people CRAP up they're sks's and AK's with all that tacticool bullshit, if you want tacticool get an AR. Don't molest a virgin rifle. But that's just me..

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my Chinese SKS. Just wish I had time and money to invest in a bigger stock. I'm a wee bit larger than your average Chinaman and this thing is like shooting a kid's .22 rifle.

Danoobie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hossfly, you can get rubber recoil pads for the SKS, that add about 1".
    You can even use the metal buttplate which comes with the stock.

As to SKS prices, they don't make em' anymore, and a lot of folks bubbafied
    what they got, so you can only expect the prices to go up, on good quality
    originals.

Top Bottom