• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I usually sat to others,,,"Toyota, you ask for it you got it" I asked for the comments and I really enjoy the honesty! A rarity nowadays. I did say I wasn't sure about the changes, either.... I just wanted to look a little different. Thank you for your honesty..

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that there are a few. I went with the cheapest I could find, which was Bear Creek Arsenal.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Of course I was kiddin' in my above. We all have guns,trucks,and wives that others think are ugly to extremely ugly. Myself . . . I have several although not tellin' which or how many.
    With firearms,beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder. Especially with the AR types of guns. With the availability of numerous add on parts they are in the relm of the 1911 and 10/22.
    Having said that . . I would not have painted my gun that color. Maybe white. I have used white fingernail polish on a couple of my Glocks. Most people think that they came that way.
    As long as it pleases you . . . that is really the only person that matters. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    TP, I have been looking at the Saturn bbl chambered in 45Raptor that is 18 inches long. I have a "spare" DPMS Bushmaster that has gotten kinda boring.
    The ultimate close/medium range THUMPER. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TP, I have been looking at the Saturn bbl chambered in 45Raptor that is 18 inches long. I have a "spare" DPMS Bushmaster that has gotten kinda boring.
    The ultimate close/medium range THUMPER. --- SAWMAN

I sure wish that wildcat caliber would catch on some more. It leaves the 458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf in the dust in 200 yards or less based on all the research I've seen on it. You can get a few full rifles on Gun Broker or Armslist sometimes. It would be an expensive gun even to reload. But for the person that has everything, it would be a good gun to have!

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update on my x39: I took ya'lls advise and removed some of the paint. The only thing still highlighted is the safe and fire icons and the logo. the trigger, safety switch, and mag release is back to factory.
    Another criticism I received was that the scope was to low so I added a riser and Nikon AR rings. While testing it out I discovered that the "adjustable gas block" was not working as I thought it should and the bolt was not locking back on an empty mag. I was warned that the adjustable gas block would clog and or be in need of constant adjustment and hoped they would be wrong, but apparently they were correct. So I bought a low profile seekins gas block and tested it on Sunday. The bolt locked back as designed and the rifle shot well, although, a new potential problem arose......My Wife loved shooting the rifle and I fear it may now be hers.......If I had the money to build another right now it would be great news but I don't......Ha! Maybe she'll hunt with me more this year!

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang you guys have peaked my interest in a side charger AR upper in 7.62. Just when I thought I was moving past the AR game they pull me back in. lol. Great now I am going to have to try one out. I have a lower waiting on an upper so I guess I know what I am looking for now. Thanks guys........Although I am still a bigger fan of Kalashnikov's pattern rifles as opposed to Stoner's, its just my opinion. I kept up with my weapons maintenance overseas and my service rifle jammed up on more than one occasion when it mattered. In both Iraq and Afghanistan. However hands down I can shoot and AR platform way better with an AK type with irons at least. I think the great equalizer will be mounting an optic on an AK and see what I can do with it. I never had a service rifle without and optic on it besides initial qualification.
    So question, does the charging handle reciprocate on these uppers?

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll try to answer it. My charging handle is just a knob bolted to the side of the actual bolt. It does not move up or down just back and forth with the bolt. I believe the bolt face does rotate with the movement of the bolt. I have the Bear Creek Arsenal upper with bolt carrier group. The BCG looks to me like a standard BCG with an extra hole drilled and tapped for the charging handle knob. The upper has a slot cut into the side for the knob to move in. Of course after I bought TWO of the side charging uppers, Bear Creek came out with an upper that has both the side charging handle and a conventional charging handle.....Does that answer your question?

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll try to answer it. My charging handle is just a knob bolted to the side of the actual bolt. It does not move up or down just back and forth with the bolt. I believe the bolt face does rotate with the movement of the bolt. I have the Bear Creek Arsenal upper with bolt carrier group. The BCG looks to me like a standard BCG with an extra hole drilled and tapped for the charging handle knob. The upper has a slot cut into the side for the knob to move in. Of course after I bought TWO of the side charging uppers, Bear Creek came out with an upper that has both the side charging handle and a conventional charging handle.....Does that answer your question?

It sure does sir, thanks.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    These pics(hopefully)are of my Bison Armory 6.8. The BCG is drill a tapped .162" X 28pitch. The upper has an elongated notch milled in it. You can buy the charging handles most anywhere.
    You must maintain a (at least) milspec charging handle in the gun even if you never use it. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170823_123754_001.jpg
      20170823_123754_001.jpg
      409.9 KB · Views: 94
    • 20170823_123715.jpg
      20170823_123715.jpg
      375.6 KB · Views: 93

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am using the Hornady SST 123grain bullet in new Lapua brass that I reloaded. using a standard load, nothing amazing. As of last Sunday evening I can testify that the 7.62x39 will work JUST FINE for Florida Deer. My homemade rifle with my homemade bullet hit the exact mark that I wanted it to and the 96 pound deer was found about 25-50 yards from where I shot him. It was a quartering away shot that entered at the rear of the ribs on the near side and exited the shoulder on the far side. Meat in the cooler! The rifle and bullet was awesome, now the Osprey Global scope,,,,thats a different story. If it weren't for the scope, this would be my hunting rifle for the entire year!

Top Bottom