• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LiteDuty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife has fallen in love with the 6.6 Creedmore after nailing bulls eye every time at 400 yards, she has a AR15, can I get a 6.5 Creedmore upper with a High Quality scope to place on the AR lower or is the 15 to small?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just throwin' this out here . . . . there are multiple chamberings that pin onto a 5.56/223 AR lower that she will easily be able to "nail the bulls eye every time at 400yds" with. Some will not even require a bolt and/or mag change. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Grendel will get you your 6.5 on a 15.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The Grendel is a brain fart from Bill Alexander. I remember talking to him about this chambering when I first acquired one of his 50Beowulf's. (about 2003)
    Basically . . . the CM has quite a bit more potential other than so stated above. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Grendel is a brain fart from Bill Alexander. I remember talking to him about this chambering when I first acquired one of his 50Beowulf's. (about 2003)
    Basically . . . the CM has quite a bit more potential other than so stated above. --- SAWMAN

Larger case/more powder are going to give you more "performance". If you want to work with an AR15, you've got to work in the confines of the dimensions of the lower/upper. Grendel does that and it provides a nice capability for guys that don't want a get a whole new gun. You can debate its performance relative to creedmoor/.260 rem/284/swede but it's the smallest case of the bunch so it's got the least "punch" behind it. If you're OK going to an AR10 or a bolt SA or LA there are "better" options than the Grendel.

The Grendel has gained some popularity recently and you can get cheap (relatively) ammo for it. The russkies are making AK patterned rifles in it and there's lots of fans of it in the AR community.

As Sawman mentioned earlier, the are plenty of other options for an AR upper to drill holes at 400yds with. Just depends on what your willing to spend money on.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's not to like about the 6.5 Grendel? You can get Wolf steel cased plinking/blasting ammo for 23 cents a round that still has a ballistic coefficient of .40 and does really well out to 500 yards or so. That makes it as affordable to shoot as 7.62 x 39. 5.45 x 39, and steel case .223 yet it out performs all those rounds.

For those into real precision shooting at longer distances and hunting there are the premium ammo offerings like the Hornady 123 grain Amax for example as well as many others. They are known to be extremely accurate even with factory loadings and stay supersonic past 1000 yards for shooters with the kind of skill to take advantage of it. I am not one of those shooters! Kind of the best of both worlds if you think about it. Super cheap ammo availability and the ability to maximize the capabilities of the AR-15 platform with the premium rounds.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am one of these people. I own both the Grendel in an AR and the Creedmoor in a bolt action. Only been able to shoot out to 300 yards as that is all my range has, but both perforrn sub-MOA with my loads. It does pretty good with Hornady 123AMax factory loads too.
    IMG_0452.JPG
    Two five shot groups at 300 yards. Adjusted the scope after the first group. Target is 8.5x11 sheet of paper with POA the center of the cross.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.JPG
      IMG_0452.JPG
      29.5 KB · Views: 165
    Last edited:

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Grendel Good Enough said

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Around here a Grendel will do anything you need it to do. Easily dispatch deer and pigs out to 500 yards and if you want to run some long range precison out to 1,000+ yards the Grendel will still get it done. A very effeciant cartridge and you can get about 15-20 firing out of one case. Now the guy that I reference at the end of this he uses Lapua brass and has had 20+ firings out a single case. He has also stretched his grendel out to 1518 yards on a milk jug. Took 5 shots to hit it but still a great accomplishment for that little cartridge. I will post the video after work.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ordered an 18" 6.5 Grendel stainless barrel upper from Sanders Armory for $398 I've read too many good things online about the Grendel to not give it a go. I already have a Spike's Tactical lower sitting in the safe ready for it. It will be the first gun I've put together specifically for hog hunting, no doubt I will deer hunt with it too!

Top Bottom