• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the prices on LWRC DI rifles has come down significantly in the past few weeks. They used to be $1400+, buds has them for $1070 or something ridiculous. Yes I know you can get a "complete" AR for under $500 now but the lwrc is heads and tails above most other offerings out there.

PS. I'm happy to do transfers but I may be able to undercut buds by a few bucks (shameless plug)

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I like my "home grown" rifles but a factory LWRC for a 1k would be nice

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like my "home grown" rifles but a factory LWRC for a 1k would be nice

Same here.

I've scoffed at them before for their premium price but at that price I may have one in the safe soon.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Alas, my LWRC is flooring in the house right now...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO, if I were shopping for a DI gun,it would not be LWRC. I believe that I could find one of my likeing for around $800.
    BUT . . . . if you plan to add $300- $500 in upgrades I would most likely start with an even cheaper gun. Never found the need for a piston gun although the LWRC's seem pretty nice. But still not to my likeing so would have to pump more money into it. Just NOT gonna flop down $1600 on a BBQ gun,then put another $500 into it.
    My last "build" was a complete lower from Palmetto for $150. Then a 24" upper w/o CH and BCG. IIRC,it cost $300. But of course . . . I still made quite a few upgrades to the gun. Now I have a $850 gun . . . BUT . . . it is setup the exact way that I wanted it. Including high grade trigger.
    YMMV --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thanks! What would it take and also in $$ to convert a DI gun I have now to a piston gun?

I've had good luck with the Adams conversion. Depending on setup you may have to monkey with buffer/spring/gas port to get it to run consistently. Their new gas block has more adjustments and they play nice with suppressors.

I haven't tried them but superlative arms had a similar setup that looks a little more sleek. I've heard one of the Adams guys started up superlative which would explain why the systems look familiar.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a few emails from Distributors on these as well. They are really trying to move these rifles.

$1k for a LWRCI is a damn good deal. I can't even count how many ARs I've assembled, but I can tell you it takes an awful lot of work and some quality (expensive) parts to match how how smooth the LWs are out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering - - -> why all of a sudden are they trying to move them. How much have they dropped the prices from where it was ?? Do they have all the same parts as before ?? Same quality of build ?? --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wondering - - -> why all of a sudden are they trying to move them. How much have they dropped the prices from where it was ?? Do they have all the same parts as before ?? Same quality of build ?? --- SAWMAN

I'm assuming a company like LWRC wouldn't change the specs on a model and sell it at a lower price point without making it clear. I've not heard anything about it.

Could be a new model coming. They've got mlok versions. Inventory reduction, etc

They've come down $4-500

I'll also add that several things have come down significantly in price. You can buy a 45 shield, have it shipped and transferred significantly less than I can buy one as a dealer. On top of that there's the current rebate.

It's a buyer's market. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That there is a hell of a drop Nate. Could they be slippin' out of the DI buisness.
    Their DI guns are pretty much equal to the Danial Defense,Seekins,Adams Arms,etc. guns out there . . . right ?? --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom