• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:
    The 2017 Mississippi CQB Rifle Championship will be held August 27th, 2017 at Coast Rifle & Pistol Club near Biloxi, MS.

MATCH DETAILS:
    The second annual Mississippi CQB Championship match will be five fast paced stages of all paper targets shot in an AM/PM format under 3GN Multigun Rules. Divisions will be Unlimited Rifle, Unlimited PCC, and Unlimited Rimfire Rifle.

There will be complimentary food available at lunch between sessions in the clubhouse. Awards ceremony and prize drawings at the conclusion of the match in the clubhouse.

Stages will be in the pistol bays, with no target over 25 yards. There will be no mandatory reloads, and stages will not require more than 30 rounds, so minimal gear is needed to compete.

Just show up with a rifle, a 30 or 40 round magazine, ammo, and of course eye and ear protection and you will be good to go. Recommend 150 rounds, bring more if you plan on missing. Chamber flags required.

Range Master: Clayton Welch
    Match Director: Steven Mosher

PRIZE GIVEAWAY:
    One Palmetto State Armory AR15 and one Palmetto State Armory 9mm PCC will be given away by random draw at the award ceremony. Need not be present to win.

PLAQUE RECOGNITION:
    State Champion in each division, open to MS residents.
    1st-3rd place overall in each division, open to everyone.
    High Lady, High Senior, High Super Senior, and High Junior in each division.

ELIGIBILITY:
    Registration will open at 7pm on May 16th on Practiscore at the following link:
    https://practiscore.com/2017-mississippi-cqb-rifle-championship/register
    Limited to first 120 entries. Any registration after that will go to the waitlist.

MATCH FEE: $40
    Once registered and approved you will be sent squadding and payment info. You have 14 days from registering to pay or you will be removed from the match. Refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the match.

STAFF PACKAGE:
    We are in need of 30 staff members to run the match, 15 per session. Three staff members will be assigned per squad. Staff will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as staff, check the desired boxes indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have 30 staff positions filled. You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as staff.

We are also in need of setup crew members to setup the match. The match will be completely setup the evening before. Setup crew will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as setup crew, check the box indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have all setup crew positions filled.You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as setup crew.

SQUAD SCHEDULE:
    We will be running an AM and PM schedule.
    AM schedule shoots from 9am-12:30pm
    PM schedule shoots from 1pm-4:30pm.
    Award ceremony at 5pm.
    You are allowed to shoot twice, as long as you shoot in a different division, and you will be entered twice to win the prizes. (ie. PCC in AM and Rifle in PM)
    ***If you shoot twice, it must be separate schedules, AM and PM. No shooting twice in same schedule.*** If you plan on shooting twice, sign up twice, pay twice.

See you at the match!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks fun, but I'm not sure that I'm good enough to do it. Are spectators allowed?

If you can be safe while navigating a course of fire with a rifle, then you're good enough to compete. 90% of the people signed up for the match don't expect to be competitive for the overall title, myself included. It's more about shooting a fun match than it is about trying to win. There are also prizes given away at random to competitors.

That being said, I'm certain that spectators are allowed if you don't want to compete.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the same match last year and but was also my first match, everyone was more than friendly, TennJeep mentioned to them that it was my first match and they explained went over everything with me to make sure I was safe and comfortable. It was a real good time and I did surprisingly well IMO, of course my rifle ran 100% and I used a 40rd pmag so I didn't have to do any reloads so that helped me more than anything.
    Wouldn't mind doing it again but got too much going on to be able to do it. Really was a fun time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I signed up, awaiting approval. Guess now I need a 40 round pmag and a decent muzzle device, and go practice my double tap-fu.

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Received my conformation & chose a squad today. Picked up a 40 round pmag and was loaned a muzzle device, wondering if I should upgrade my trigger, currently using an ALG ACT with JP springs.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Received my conformation & chose a squad today. Picked up a 40 round pmag and was loaned a muzzle device, wondering if I should upgrade my trigger, currently using an ALG ACT with JP springs.
    As long as you can accurately put rounds on target, you probably won't notice much difference with a more expensive trigger. I'm not a huge fan of my STI Edge's trigger, but I don't even notice it during a match.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's a blasting match.
    While a nice trigger will help longer range or accuracy type work, double tapping a USPSA target 15 yards away in Biloxi, you will see no benefit from a lighter trigger.

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in an afternoon squad, what time should I arrive? Will there be an afternoon shooters meeting?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm in an afternoon squad, what time should I arrive? Will there be an afternoon shooters meeting?
    You should have gotten an email a day or two ago with all of the specifics. If not, I'll try to remember to look it up when I get home.

Stages are built, minus targets. We had to make a few changes and substitute no-shoots for some barrels and walls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, I didn't place very well but I wasn't last! It was awesome! I had a great time, my rifle ran perfectly, but the operator's brain jammed at least once. When's the next one?

Top Bottom