• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently built a 10/22 that is a tack driver.

Base gun $180
    Kidd trigger $95
    Green Mountain fluted bull barrel $125
    Used overmolded rubber stock $25
    Misc Kidd parts (springs, charging handle, etc) $75
    Nikon Prostaff BDC scope $50 (on clearance at Wal Mart in Tallassee, AL)
    Sold the stock and original barrel for $40

Spent a little time polishing the bolt carrier so it runs real smooth.

Just got back from shooting it again today. My wife hits golf balls at about 120 yards with it and LOVES to shoot it. The Kidd parts are an absolute necessity in my book. Trigger on mine is under 2 lbs.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The Weatherby XXII is very accurate and easy on the eyes.
    Either the older auto or the newer bolt. The newer bolt will be hard to find and expensive. Not that the auto is cheap or readily available but they are around.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this thread is a little old but I have to agree with the folks that recommend the CZ's. I have several 10/22's, Marlins, and a Henry, but hands down the CZ's are the most accurate. The triggers can be made very good with a little effort. Most of mine are shot from a bench so I like to keep the triggers below 1.5 pounds. I have two in the 8-10 ounce range and one at 4 ounces.
    No competition just enjoy shooting 22's:)

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually ended up getting a Savage Mark II BTV with a Mueller 4-14x40 AO scope. So far, it's been great. The main problem is me and not the gun. Although I did install an Apache trigger and made a new bottom plate so I could adjust the action screw torque without deforming the plate. Going to use this one to hone my skill and if/when the gun becomes the limiting factor, I may look into something else. Experimenting with different ammo and so far, Wolf Match Extra seems to be the best, followed closely by Norma TAC, CCI SV, and Aguila SV.

After shooting mine, my wife didn't much care for her Mossberg 702 anymore so I got her a Savage B22 FVand a Bushnell 6-18x40. It's also been a great shooter, although for some reason, it has problems ejecting CCI SV. All other brands seem to work fine. Go figure. I actually prefer the stock on the B22 more than the BTV, but that thumbhole stock on the BTV sure looks sexy!

So far, I've managed a few 1/2" groups at 50yds. Hoping to improve that a lot the more I shoot them.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Savage Mark II, w/ a brown laminate stock and the bull barrel...it's a dandy shooting 22!!! I also have a Savage 17 WSM and a Marlin 17 HMR and LOVE THEM TOO......

I saw the other day a Steyr that is crazy....http://www.gundepot.com.au/Listing/Details/682025 I love my 3 Steyrs I already have but that kinda change fer a 22 is way outta what I'd spend!

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Vudoo gun works v-22 . I had the pleasure of shooting with the Vudoo rep a couple of Saturdays ago. the v-22 is a PRS style / chassis rifle in 22 rimfire. Great shooting rifles. We all were going 10 for 10 from 100yrds to 400 yard's ( not a typo. vid on core Facebook page). I probably ran 200 rounds, these are awesome rimfires. worth the look.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually ended up getting a Savage Mark II BTV with a Mueller 4-14x40 AO scope. So far, it's been great. The main problem is me and not the gun. Although I did install an Apache trigger and made a new bottom plate so I could adjust the action screw torque without deforming the plate. Going to use this one to hone my skill and if/when the gun becomes the limiting factor, I may look into something else. Experimenting with different ammo and so far, Wolf Match Extra seems to be the best, followed closely by Norma TAC, CCI SV, and Aguila SV.

After shooting mine, my wife didn't much care for her Mossberg 702 anymore so I got her a Savage B22 FVand a Bushnell 6-18x40. It's also been a great shooter, although for some reason, it has problems ejecting CCI SV. All other brands seem to work fine. Go figure. I actually prefer the stock on the B22 more than the BTV, but that thumbhole stock on the BTV sure looks sexy!

So far, I've managed a few 1/2" groups at 50yds. Hoping to improve that a lot the more I shoot them.

I solved the problem of bending the bottom plate by installing pillars and bedding the action. It is a lot less sensitive to torque

Top Bottom