• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm looking for a handheld GPS. Topo capability is a must, Garmin brand and satellite capability are preferred. Must be in good working condition with all necessary cables.

Let me know what you've got.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently picked up a Garmin 610t for the motorcycle. Definitely not selling it, but if you ever wanna borrow it or test it out before making a purchase let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I recently picked up a Garmin 610t for the motorcycle. Definitely not selling it, but if you ever wanna borrow it or test it out before making a purchase let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer, but I fear that may be way overkill for what I need. I just need something relatively simple that I'll probably only use a handful of times over the next few several months.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out this on Amazon.
    Garmin eTrex Vista HCx (010-00630-00)
    About 120-150 dollar range depending on which buyer you choose.
    Seems to have what you are looking for, customization of topo maps that show relief in color, built in compass etc. It has a micro SD slot inside the waterproof battery compartment for storage of large maps. Does not support satellite images though. It is an old GPS. I bought mine new in 2007 and used it to great effect in Iraq and Afghan. From having the maps uploaded on the SD card to being able to configure it to assist in calling in air strikes. I have used it on a bunch of deployments and it is still ticking. The only issue I had with it is the rubber lining started to come off, nothing a little rubber cement wont fix. Super quick location acquisition with the WAAS enabled and does pretty good even with a lot of vegetation top cover. Anyhow check it out on Amazon. Cheers.

Top Bottom