• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You could always take your business elsewhere.

that is very true, I have posted this because I have run into dishonest merchants that are asking for fees
    when the agreement with the card company is they are not allowed to.

Master card said if the merchant ask for a fee, call them, they will suspend them for running any credit card sales

not trying to step on your toes, I am tired of being ripped off

where i come from, screwing someone out of $0.50 here and $0.50 there we call nickel
    f----en. lol..I rather be dollar....than nickel.... d.gif

Attachments

• d.gif
      d.gif
      2.4 KB · Views: 262
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I wish my credit card company would suspend me. The fees I get charged for accepting cards are way more than the 3% "cash discount" given for other type payment. Trying to get out of a contract with CC companies isn't worth the hassle. I hate to even disclose that I will take credit cards.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You have to be in business to under stand card company's do not loan money for free. someone has to pay. And if you are working on a small percentage That 50 cents can become dollars , so you have to have that in your sale price or charge for it, if you have it in the price then or accused of over price and if you charge for it you are accused of ripping people off , just think about it 3% on a 100 is 3 dollars. This is the price you pay in this new world of doing business. Most of us older understand this but the younger set ,thinks every thing should be free, Why do you think the establishment is pushing to get rid of using cash. Just stop and think about it. Cash is harder to control, see if your local dope dealer will take you card. Just my 100 cents jj

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not really ripping you off...

Merchants can offer you a lower price if you pay with cash/debit because they don't have to pay a surcharge on their end for taking "swiped credit." I think it's a great thing to save your customer 3% by using cash. You don't have to be a genius to know that credit card companies hurt small businesses.

I swipe my AMEX 95% of time for the points, but for small business like your favorite FFL dealer, I pay them cash or check.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feel free to use your card in Gander Mountain though, those guys definitely won't complain about taking your visa since they already incorporate those costs into your purchase.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a merchant, I can deny your use of a card, and require cash.

Unless it recently changed you cannot. If you accept MasterCard you accept it with no stipulations doesn't matter if it's for .01 sale or 100,000$ sale. It's part of the service agreement you must signed.

Ps not saying I agree with it I'm just letting you know their policies.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have to use my computer to run a card, and my internet is permanently messed up for customers that don't agree to helping with fees. I do, however, waive the fee, if folks pay a fair price for what I am selling.

frodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to be in business to under stand card company's do not loan money for free. someone has to pay. And if you are working on a small percentage That 50 cents can become dollars , so you have to have that in your sale price or charge for it, if you have it in the price then or accused of over price and if you charge for it you are accused of ripping people off , just think about it 3% on a 100 is 3 dollars. This is the price you pay in this new world of doing business. Most of us older understand this but the younger set ,thinks every thing should be free, Why do you think the establishment is pushing to get rid of using cash. Just stop and think about it. Cash is harder to control, see if your local dope dealer will take you card. Just my 100 cents jj

I am sympathetic to the small business owner,
    but find it disturbing that they sign an agreement with MasterCard and then do the opposite of what the agreement says.
    It is tantamount to theft.

this actually happened to me. I stopped for gas in Telluride Co. at 6 am.
    the pump was at $0.05 so I pumped in $20.05 went into the store and handed the guy a $20.00
    he demanded the nickel, I told him the pump was at 5 cents. I will only pay for what I buy
    He threated to call the police.
    I agreed that would be a DAMN good idea.
    a Marshal showed up. listened to our BS, then walked out to the pump.
    he told the cashier, not only did I NOT owe him the nickel but that he owes everyone that has purchased gas
    at that pump back to the last date of calibration

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Your situation did not have any thing to do with using your card , and you paid with cash. I'm missing something here. When I was trying to make thing's easy for people It cost me money. so I quit taking cards. would rather take check, check on why people that use pay pal want it as a friend gift. Just my 5 cents jj

frodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it was about honesty. not about card use.
    the gas station was nickel f=====ing. and the nickels ad up

I do not like Paypal, they are anti 2nd Amendment, and your point is noted

this has been an interesting thread

frodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I totally agree with you on the gas station. I would have done the same thing. In fact I have did some thing like that before. jj

Happy to know I am not the only one that gets all riled up and bullheaded at 6am a.gif

Attachments

• a.gif
      a.gif
      3.6 KB · Views: 173

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I would have done the same thing regarding the nickel. He knew it was messed up. Sometimes principles matter more than the money.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Drives me up the wall... I work on the road and frequent gas stations 3-4 times a day. 5 dollar minimum purchase will cause me to be an asshole. Usually resulting in me leaving my stuff on the counter and telling them to kiss my ass.

As a small business owner, I factor my CC costs in to the price of the product/service. As it was said, standard is 3%, which is $3 on $100... if someone is tight enough that they're beating you up over $3, then it's not worth doing business with them to begin with. Just my opinion, not directed at anyone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Top Bottom