Here we go again with the brace thing....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Interesting, I don't plan on posting videos on YouTube though. Maybe this is a start in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have several of the Sig braces tucked away. Will wait to see what happens with this latest "wellllll maybe" episode before I make any changes.
    Will never have one of them wire things shown in the pic though. Have a Sig brace on a 10.5" 6.8 now. Possibly time to dust it off again. Killed several hogs with it already so I know what a great package it is for rideing around in a UTV. --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    After reading the highlights, how would the "shockwave" brace come into play? I assume it's in the grey area because it's not listed as the sig brace.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like a step in the right direction. Maybe a step closer to getting rid of the SBR thing all together. That would be sweeet!!!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    378060cc724875d17744648e3d2249ca.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . . I "rescued " several people that figured (I guess) that the BATFE was gonna kick down their door just for owning the SB-15's. I got two of the black ones for $40. each and one in FDE for $50.
    They are just sittin' there,waitin' to become "blessed". Now . . . gotta swoop up some more KAK tubes to slide these on. Hmmmmmmm . . . . . is my first AR chambered in 300BLK in my future ?? --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This guy talks about his conversation with BATFE on the shockwave. Its basically okay but the Devil is in the details.
    https://youtu.be/qPHxAr3faj4

After reading the highlights, how would the "shockwave" brace come into play? I assume it's in the grey area because it's not listed as the sig brace.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This guy talks about his conversation with BATFE on the shockwave. Its basically okay but the Devil is in the details.
    https://youtu.be/qPHxAr3faj4
    I agree with the "poking the bear" analogy, this can applied to most areas of life. I will add, since he didn't mention it, that the videos and social media discussion bragging that "we" are bypassing the SBR with the sig brace or other brace device is dumb and also causes the bear to act. If you choose to use a piece of equipment beyond its intended use, keep it to yourself for crying out loud. We are our own worst enemy.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The above Federalist article was on the ball for most of the history. The Forward Vertical Foregrip (FVF) on a handgun is not in the NFA and specifically not in the AOW References. This administrative restriction is only found in a BATFE Letter with the normal "BATFE has long held..." but their is no documentation referenced for that boiler plate. BATFE has never submitted the contents of the letter or a simple added example of a FVF to the CFR/NFA and they do it routinely on other issues (like the TC rifle/pistol conversions). Why haven't the BATFE submitted a Change? Because it would need to be published in the Federal Register and be open for Public Comment and the would be challenged and loose. BATFE references handguns are designed to be fired with one hand. That does not exclude the use of two hands as their own Service Handgun Qualification requires most stages to be fired with two hands. BATFE has also approved the Magpul Angled Foregrip for use on handguns, that clearly allows a grip for a second had. So is 45° good and 90° evil? There own definition of a AOW specifically excludes pistols with a rifled bore! A Magistrate already wrote a opinion against ATF on this specific point. The ATF dropped the charges and therefore don't recognize the opinion as a Ruling. And that my friends is why the BATFE puts out Letters (I think this one is 10 years old) instead of updating the Law.

End Rant

Last edited:
    Top Bottom