• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have I missed something here? ARs, used and new have come way down but now I'm seeing used AKs starting at $700 with 1 mag? And these are CAIs.

I realise there is the list high and sell 25% off but it seems to be all listings.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good point. I kinda noticed that too recently. With both types of rifles being plentiful and no restrictions you would think they would at least be on par. I see 1k for Arsenal AK or DDI, bit also saw a RAS47 on Armslist for like $950 cause it had Magpul furniture. That made me giggle. I'm still looking for an AK in 556 and even the old canted WASRS are going for 7-800. Hope it comes down eventually

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Should have bought the CAI VZ2008 2 and 3 years ago when they were 399 from Palmetto. Better than the AK and AR if you ask me.

But to stay on topic, I cant image the $299 used AK parts kits costing more than $90 to import. Greed is keeping the prices high on AK stuff. On the other hand I would guess that trying to just pay the bills for cnc equipment bought during the height of the AR market and keeping the shop doors open is driving down the AR prices.

kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen the CAI prices on the Atlantic Firearms site and it seems that the "used" AKs have the same prices????:jaw:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    July 2014 Obama banned the import of Russian made AK-47 style weapons after the incursion into Ukraine!

That cut a big amount of rifles coming into the states!

And prices went up.

The ban has not been lifted from what I'm aware of.

It was done via executive order I believe. So Trump can undo it. But the liberals will turn it into another Russia scandal I'm sure if he did that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The market is flooded with Franken-AR and big names have to lower their prices to compete. In the AK world, the shipments from overseas can't get here fast enough. Arsenal has a big backlog to fill. I am waiting for an SLR107-11P. Supply and demand.

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Century arms has done price increases over the past two years. Two years ago was $100 increase and last year was a $50 increase. And if century does price increases that means stores have to do a price increase as well.

Top Bottom