• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some of the newer bolt guns to come out. The chamberings are extremely limited. The bbl lengths are downright silly.
    But other than that . . . . which and why. What would your preference be for: 1.Chambering(any) 2.Barrel length 3.Mag material,style,capacity 4.Distance used and scope/sight. 5.Bullet weight --- SAWMAN
    Added: Newer chamberings in the RMR are 223/5.56(20") and 6mm Creedmore (24")

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Unsure why the forum will not allow me to upload a pic. Never had a problem in the past. Will try later. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    . . . Finally uploaded pic. Was my fault. Took the pic on higest resolution and most likely to big for the forum. Took this pic at quite a bit lower resolution. Not as clear . . but forum allowed it.
    Sorry gents.
    Now sideways . . . well . . . I tried. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170423_164725.jpg
      20170423_164725.jpg
      287.6 KB · Views: 197

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've shot both the Ruger and the Savage in 6.5 Creedmoor. Prefer the Savage for both the cheek rest and the trigger pull. Since I already have a 6.5 Creedmoor, I would probably chamber one in .308 or 6mm Creedmoor.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Savage puts some/uses some pretty nice bbls on those guns (and others).
    For me - - -> A gun like this MUST have a super nice trigger. 2lbs with NO creep and NO overtravel would get my vote.
    Also a chambering "of interest". Don't care about some big magnum type. A medium weight bullet fairly fast would do. A "wildcat" would be entirely ok. Even a chambering that I would have to form/make myself. A 10-12lb gun would be a must. A bbl length that optimizes the chamberings velocity potential would be good (finally!).
    I really like the way that the Rugers are put together. Especially their adjustability. To me,they were well thought out .Maybe one of these guns with a rebarrel or at least a rechamber. I would not do a rebolt.
    I can shoot 300yds at my club. Would like to be able to get to 600 but could live with 1/2MOA out to 300. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom