• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have been having a problem as of late with my groups. I keep getting 2 distinct groups out of the same ammo in the same sitting. I am getting it with the garand I just bought and my m1a and 1917 eddystone. you will see the problem in the photo. any suggestions as to my problem, all 3 rifles shoot and group very well. groups tend to be 1-1 1/2 inches apart

help bhk308

shots 1-5 were in the upper section, 6,7, and 8 were in the bottom section, then the last shots back in the top group.

Last edited:

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Factory ammo or handloads? Are all rounds the same? What's your shot cadence? One after the other or are you pausing at any time? Do you allow the barrel to cool between shots? Need more info to really make a call but here is my suggestion just off the top of my head:

Take 10 rounds, preferably loaded identically if you handload or from the same box if you buy factory. Fire the first shot, wait 2 minutes, insure you have the exact point of aim and fire the next shot. Repeat until all 10 shots have been expended. DO NOT RUSH! It is best if you get up and step away from the rifle between each shot as it will make you repeat your pre-shot routine over and over rather that hurrying and pulling the trigger. Yes, it will take you 30 minutes to go through the 10 rounds but I am betting you produce a consistent group.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Factory ammo or handloads? Are all rounds the same? What's your shot cadence? One after the other or are you pausing at any time? Do you allow the barrel to cool between shots? Need more info to really make a call but here is my suggestion just off the top of my head:

Take 10 rounds, preferably loaded identically if you handload or from the same box if you buy factory. Fire the first shot, wait 2 minutes, insure you have the exact point of aim and fire the next shot. Repeat until all 10 shots have been expended. DO NOT RUSH! It is best if you get up and step away from the rifle between each shot as it will make you repeat your pre-shot routine over and over rather that hurrying and pulling the trigger. Yes, it will take you 30 minutes to go through the 10 rounds but I am betting you produce a consistent group.

ammo was that good Korean brown box military surplus, shot each round and got up and walked away for a few seconds and fired again, will try hand loads next range visit

Top Bottom