• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Seems to me like we should have a section specifically for trading guns as opposed to for sale. That would keep people from posting their guns for sale at outrageously inflated prices only b/c they actually prefer to trade...but when someone posts one w/out a price, everyone pisses and moans. Isn't it OK for someone to just say, I want to trade or not sale it at all?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you are right but then they could not come and at the first post gouge our eyes out...LOL Most forums have gone to this and it also helps keep spammers away just an idea for the bosses, not my forum, I will live and be a happy member either way...LOL

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with the 50 posts. Most other message boards do this, and a lot of people just participate in banter, so they are more than likely going to make 50 pointless posts at the least anyhow.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The 50 posts is stupid considering this is a new forum. I have almost 2400 posts on the PFF as Wharf Rat, but I guess that doesn't mean anything to you. In fact, I've dealt with you before over there...that was before everyone had their guns over-priced!

Good idea and a newbie has to have 50 posts to be able to list for sale or trade! Great ideas!

DevilDog

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't see a need to separate "for sale" and "for trade" threads as some people are listing items for "sale or trade". Instead, if someone lists something "for trade only" they should not have to list a "for sale" price. They can list a "value" for the item but I just don't see a reason to list a price if it is not for sale. I think it adds fire to the flames of the price gouging war going on right now. I just listed a few G17 magazines for trade and do not want to sell them so I put an outrageous price on them because I have to by forum rules. Unfortunately someone will take it the wrong way and call me a price gouger but there is nothing I can do about it.

With regards to posting requirements to use the classified section of the forum, I tend to agree that something is needed. I would think something between 15-30 posts is more acceptable. Another option should be that someone is required to post in the introductions forum AND list a location on their profile in order to list anything in the classified section.

I don't own the site, manage it, or even moderate it so I have no control over it. It is a management decision. Those are just my thoughts.

Top Bottom