• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a few bucks cheaper than I've seen it in the last several months. I've got one and it works really well. It's got a cable that attaches to your smartphone to record and store all of the data. The app will automatically calculate AVG, SD, PF and more.

http://amzn.to/2nYOmui

D0VorVz.png

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    it is a good chrono, i too paid a little more but it came as a complete package with the LED baffle shields & theyre good to have...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    it is a good chrono, i too paid a little more but it came as a complete package with the LED baffle shields & theyre good to have...

I've never needed them, but I can see how they could be useful, especially when the light starts to fade.

The light kit is here for $39 shipped: http://amzn.to/2oJAVLF

Or you can buy the full kit with the lights and a tripod for $124 shipped: http://amzn.to/2oIBx68

schick79

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just discovered this section for the first time today.
    Yep... There goes the cash from selling my Tipton Vise this morning....... Thanks! :)

schick79

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking at that premium kit compared to the chrono only...
    1) Do you know if there as anything special about that tripod? I have an old tripod used for a camera, so I am guessing that would thread up the same and work with this.
    2) I saw where you said you've never needed the light kit, but I don't even really know what it does. Is it for low light conditions only? I assume it is for functionality of the unit, and not lighting up the workspace, correct?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm looking at that premium kit compared to the chrono only...
    1) Do you know if there as anything special about that tripod? I have an old tripod used for a camera, so I am guessing that would thread up the same and work with this.
    2) I saw where you said you've never needed the light kit, but I don't even really know what it does. Is it for low light conditions only? I assume it is for functionality of the unit, and not lighting up the workspace, correct?

The bottom of the chrono is threaded 1/4-20, which is the standard camera/tripod thread (some tripods have a larger 3/8(?) stud). If your tripod is 1/4-20, you can screw the chrono directly on. I've not used the premium kit, so I don't know the quality of the tripod. That said, the tripod doesn't need to be anything special.

The light kit is for indoor/low light use. The chrono needs to "see" the bullet pass in front of a lit background, which is usually accomplished via the sun and sunshades.

The only problem I've had with the chrono is occasionally when I try to use it when the sun is at a medium/low angle. If the sun hits the sensors directly, it can throw out some really weird readings (or none at all). Once I rotated/angled it so that the sunshades covered the sensors, everything went back to working perfectly. A sticky note or a piece of paper taped vertically in front of or behind the sensors to shield the sun would also work fine.

schick79

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ditto....... I kinda thought of getting one of these. NOW I PROBABLY WILL.

FYI... if you're not in a rush, you may want to add it to your Wish List and keep an eye on it. I didn't end up buying when I posted I would buy one. Ended up seeing one pop up on Warehouse Deal for $59 and jumped on it. Arrives Thursday. With inevitable Christmas returns coming, there may be more that pop up on Warehouse Deal.

schick79

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FYI... if you're not in a rush, you may want to add it to your Wish List and keep an eye on it. I didn't end up buying when I posted I would buy one. Ended up seeing one pop up on Warehouse Deal for $59 and jumped on it. Arrives Thursday. With inevitable Christmas returns coming, there may be more that pop up on Warehouse Deal.

And there is now one up there for $62.98 on Warehouse Deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom