• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the Crestview Gun Show today. Pretty packed. Decent amount of tables. All in all not bad. Wasn't much of stuff that interests me but for those who are looking at modern firearms it had a lot of that.
    I was looking for ammo and magazines but didn't find what I was looking for. $220 plus tax for 1k reman 9mm was okay maybe but, I'll stick with 1k of wolf for $168 to my door.
    Even SD ammo was hard to come by. Wanted to try some G2 Rip ammo but that was $50 per 25 or something. Too rich for my blood.
    Very slim pickings for any surplus items which I always enjoy so that was kinda a bummer.
    Other than that if you are a tacticool fan there was more than enough eye candy.
    Just a quick report on the show. For 3 bucks admission it's worth walking around fellow gun enthusiasts.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Went there today as well. Clean, well lit venue. Bought another thousand Winchester Large Pistol Primers for $30.00 OTD. Nice little forty-five minute road trip with Mrs Fanner50 and then lunch at Cracker Barrel before a short drive back to Pensacola. Enjoyable morning. The $3.00 admission was a plus. Nice selection of guns. No powder. Nice to have a wife who will attend gun shows with you.
    She has three of her own, and her Florida CWP. Cool!

Last edited:

bcane98

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Definitely worth the $3 entry fee. I didn't find much myself, but it's gets us both out of the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I wouldnt mind paying $3 again just to walk around again. Maybe even enter the raffles this time

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gonna go check it out tomorrow. Just to support the effort; it's nice to have someone bringing a show to Crestview for a change.

Kevin'sgotagun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gonna go check it out tomorrow. Just to support the effort; it's nice to have someone bringing a show to Crestview for a change.

How did you miss the four previous ones at the exact same venue by the promoter who originated the show?
    Not busting on you personally but since I am personal friends with then promoter who had his show stolen out from under him. I just want to know. Yes folks that "new management" simply booked the venue out from under the small promoter who had the foresight to attempt an investment in a small show.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Simple, I don't like going to gun shows. Sounds like your buddy was shown what business is like. He didn't have exclusive rights to the venue apparently and that's what happens. Not saying it's right, just that it happens.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Top Bottom