• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was thinking the same thing, all the advances we are making with Trump in and now this!

There have been zero advances in gun liberties since Trump was elected. The republicans in Congress have made no progress on the HPA or national recriprocity. In fact, the republicans in Congress have done little to nothing at all. The house managed to pass some sort of convoluted healthcare bill (after two tries) that the senate is just going to scrap and rewrite anyway. That's pretty much it.

We gave the republicans the White House and all of Congress, and all they've done so far is trip over their own feet and embarrass themselves.

I constantly hear "Well if Hillary had won, she'd have already passed gun control!" so I'm supposed to just be happy that Trump isn't Hillary.

Well if Hillary can pass gun control that fast, why can't the republicans make even one iota of progress on the pro-gun bills in the first six months? If the democrats had control of everything, they'd be ramming their entire agenda down our throats in the first year. We have to move FAST! We may only have until the next round of Congressional elections!

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    99% of politicians don't give two shits about their constituents. If you can't come to terms with that, your just setting yourself up for a huge letdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I told myself I'd give Trump at least the first 100 days to see how things went. Time's up. The guy's a BS'er who thinks whatever comes out of his mouth just happens because his people make it happen, no matter what the cost. Now he's surround by people in both parties who don't want him to succeed in any way. Although, I personally think he has no clue what he got himself into. Again, I had to vote for the lesser of two evils because there was no other viable choice. At this point, I don't even believe we have a two-party system. They all band together to take care of themselves and any benefit to us is fallout from what they did in their own interests. Don't believe we'll see anything that makes suppressors more available to us. In fact, I suspect the whole baseball shooting thing is gonna get us more restrictions on anything to do with guns. When Ryan said, "An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us" the wagons were being circled, and my guess is the NRA will support them. Speaking of Ryan, the fact he's still there doesn't give me much confidence, either.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Our Repub leadership is weak. Their Dem leadership is strong. The Dems vote as one. They stick together to get done,what they want done. The Repubs vote for their district,for their people back home,for their beliefs,and for their conscience.
    Unfortunately . . . this is why the Repubs STILL can't win . . . even with the majority.
    I understand you guys concern about surpressors. However our country has much more important thngs to deal with than how easy we (you) can buy a surpressor and how much it will cost.
    Trump had been attacked from all sides. The Dems are obstructionists. No matter what Trump wants,they are against it. Even if they were for it,when da bro was in da hood. Then there are the Repubs like Mc Cain. Bless his heart . . . . why the hell don't he just retire. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There have been zero advances in gun liberties since Trump was elected. The republicans in Congress have made no progress on the HPA or national recriprocity. In fact, the republicans in Congress have done little to nothing at all. The house managed to pass some sort of convoluted healthcare bill (after two tries) that the senate is just going to scrap and rewrite anyway. That's pretty much it.

We gave the republicans the White House and all of Congress, and all they've done so far is trip over their own feet and embarrass themselves.

I constantly hear "Well if Hillary had won, she'd have already passed gun control!" so I'm supposed to just be happy that Trump isn't Hillary.

Well if Hillary can pass gun control that fast, why can't the republicans make even one iota of progress on the pro-gun bills in the first six months? If the democrats had control of everything, they'd be ramming their entire agenda down our throats in the first year. We have to move FAST! We may only have until the next round of Congressional elections!

Not totally true From the Shooters Log: Words are one thing and deeds are another, so I did a little research to determine what President Trump has done for gun owners in the first 100 days. In February, Trump signed a measure that reversed an Obama era rule barring gun sales to certain people seeking medical assistance, including mental health issues such as PTSD and depression.

Trump noted that his administration, via Interior Secretary and former Navy SEAL Ryan Zinke rolled back a regulation banning lead ammunition on wildlife refuges that was implemented on the last full day of the Obama presidency. About an hour later, during the leadership forum, Zinke explained that there are lands and streams that need to be protected, need a lighter footprint, and restrictions in those cases are appropriate. However, the previous regulation was overreaching and too severely limited public lands that were protected as multi-use and needed to remain open to multi use, including hunting, shooting, and fishing.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not totally true From the Shooters Log: Words are one thing and deeds are another, so I did a little research to determine what President Trump has done for gun owners in the first 100 days. In February, Trump signed a measure that reversed an Obama era rule barring gun sales to certain people seeking medical assistance, including mental health issues such as PTSD and depression.

Trump noted that his administration, via Interior Secretary and former Navy SEAL Ryan Zinke rolled back a regulation banning lead ammunition on wildlife refuges that was implemented on the last full day of the Obama presidency. About an hour later, during the leadership forum, Zinke explained that there are lands and streams that need to be protected, need a lighter footprint, and restrictions in those cases are appropriate. However, the previous regulation was overreaching and too severely limited public lands that were protected as multi-use and needed to remain open to multi use, including hunting, shooting, and fishing.

I guess I should have specified in the first line that I'm talking about Congress. Whatever Trunp does without Congress can be changed easily by someone else later. We need Congress to pull their heads out of their asses and start passing (or eliminating) laws in order to advance our gun liberties. Congress isn't doing shit.

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump just extended the term of the obama appointed atf director so we are all fucked if we hoped for any atf policy change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How's the HPA coming along?

Oh, it's not.

But just vote republican, y'all! You know, because they're not the democrats, or whatever.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ABSOLUTELY !! That is why I vote republican.
    Simply . . . . because the only alternative is voting for a Democrap.
    There . . . you found me out. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom