• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really need a plain ole recoil booster! Male 1/2x28 and female 1/2x28!! Why is this so hard to find?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sorry sir . . . . other than assumeing that it has something to do with the muzzle end of a 223/5.56,I have no idea what a "recoil booster" really is.

Is this s test ?? Did I fail ?? --- SAWMAN
    Added: Just had a thought. Are you talking about a BFD (blank firing device) ??

Last edited:

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thank you for the links. I have seen all those and they are all specific to certain cans. I am looking for one the simply has male and female ends of 1/2x28 so I can just put it on and run with it. No idea why this is such a huge problem too find.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know at one of the Links, they did custom work @ +$50 but now your in the $200 range. Your need is pretty simple, I would think a good machine shop could build to your specs for less. Good luck.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Assuming this is intended for use on a pistol that has a link mounted barrel that moves, I do not believe I have ever seen a generic recoil booster. I believe they are specific by the can maker's proprietary booster. If you are looking for a female to male 1/2x28 adapter, what is the intended use?

More information may help find what you are seeking.

Last edited:

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Assuming this is intended for use on a pistol that has a link mounted barrel that moves, I do not believe I have ever seen a generic recoil booster. I believe they are specific by the can maker's proprietary booster. If you are looking for a female to make 1/2x28 adapter, what is the intended use?

More information may help find what you are seeking.

To just screw on the barrel and then screw on the can as if it were the barrel with the booster spring and piston inside instead of having the side that attaches to the can having to be the same thread pattern as the can cap. Seems like a pretty easy concept too me .

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What can are you trying to adapt? I don't believe there is anything like this available, at least I've never seen of one or much less heard of one.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    To just screw on the barrel and then screw on the can as if it were the barrel with the booster spring and piston inside instead of having the side that attaches to the can having to be the same thread pattern as the can cap. Seems like a pretty easy concept too me .

A muzzle device thread adapter will do what you are saying you are seeking...although I did not look for a 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 adapter because I am still not sure I understand your end goal and use. I will PM you my cell to see if a call can help me understand what you are trying to do.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It sounds to me as if he has a can that doesn't have a Nielsen device and is looking for an adapter from his barrel to his can that has a Nielsen device. I could be totally off here.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It sounds to me as if he has a can that doesn't have a Nielsen device and is looking for an adapter from his barrel to his can that has a Nielsen device. I could be totally off here.

I think your on the right track. If a Nielsen device is a recoil booster that is.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What can do you have?

You're not going to find a Nielsen device that's an adapter. They are all designed specifically for the can they work with. Even mfg's design them different among their own series of cans. I think it would be prone to bullet strikes to have an adapter like this anyway.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What can do you have?

You're not going to find a Nielsen device that's an adapter. They are all designed specifically for the can they work with. Even mfg's design them different among their own series of cans. I think it would be prone to bullet strikes to have an adapter like this anyway.

I have the specs I need to find the one I need . I will just have too see.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If that is all you want get with me and I will make one for you while you wait. Did this just solve you problem. call 850-572-6611 Just my 5 cents jj

Last edited:
    Top Bottom