• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So the other day while on an armored pick-up, I noticed a squirrelly looking individual in my vicinity. My spidey sense started tingling and I felt that familiar twitch in my trigger finger. As he approached, I could see a hand in his jacket and, as he began to pull it out, I pulled my sig 220 ready for action. It was then I saw he was merely pulling some car keys out of his pocket. But the scary part was I was too slow. Had that been a piece I would've been deader than Elvis right there on the street. It would seem my quickdraw skills have become a tad rusty around the edges.

So the question is, does anyone know any reliable quick draw trainers that can help bring my skills back up to snuff?

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you, I will try dry firing. Hopefully, I soon regain my old speed.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if where you go is highly volatile, do what a friend of mine used to do...have the gun in your hand, in a jacket or pants pocket...ready to pull out...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doing a armored pickup isn't very specific, could be in uniform on armored car route or in civ's on personal protection. One requires minimal certification and the other advanced skills and not just with a firearm. Brandishing a firearm (tingling trigger finger, squirmey looking or not) against a non-threat is pretty bad. Maybe its a good thing you were slow in this instance.

I'm not ragging on you but from your OP, you need a wide range of training and none of that is going to come fast. You need to get it, absorb, pratice and apply it; and refresh and build higher skill sets.

I will say your OP reads like a Rambo wannabe who can't wait to "bust a cap in somebodies ass" or a Troll tossing bait. I gave you some slack, we'll see where this goes.

Last edited:

Popx2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doing a armored pickup isn't very specific, could be in uniform on armored car route or in civ's on personal protection. One requires minimal certification and the other advanced skills and not just with a firearm. Brandishing a firearm (tingling trigger finger, squirmey looking or not) against a non-threat is pretty bad. Maybe its a good thing you were slow in this instance.

I'm not ragging on you but from your OP, you need a wide range of training and non of that is going to come fast. You need to get it, absorb, pratice and apply it; and refresh abd build higher skill sets.

I will say your OP reads like a Rambo wannabe who can't wait to "bust a cap in somebodies ass" or a Troll tossing bait. I gave you some slack, we'll see where this goes.

What this says^^^^^^.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, but don't become fixated on just 1 "squirrely" individual when someone else unnoticed may be the one to watch? Your "Spidey Senses" were really just your "sense of smell" alerting you that you were near a White Castle Hamburger shop. Besides, Elvis is Alive (I saw him at BassPro in Destin just last week) and you are too, so you may consider making a change in careers, if you are too worried about "What if's".

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDK, but don't become fixated on just 1 "squirrely" individual when someone else unnoticed may be the one to watch? Your "Spidey Senses" were really just your "sense of smell" alerting you that you were near a White Castle Hamburger shop. Besides, Elvis is Alive (I saw him at BassPro in Destin just last week) and you are too, so you may consider making a change in careers, if you are too worried about "What if's".

If you're trying to make a joke, I'll save you some trouble, it's not funny. I'm not sure what you mean by 'change careers,' cuz I'm d@mn good at my job.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you're trying to make a joke, I'll save you some trouble, it's not funny. I'm not sure what you mean by 'change careers,' cuz I'm d@mn good at my job.

On the Contrary, I was being serious. Maybe it was you trying to be funny in your op? If you were, then what's the problem? If you were serious in your op, then you should think about it. just saying.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think what he's trying to say is you pulled your piece on some poor shlub just trying to get in his car. Your "spidey senses " suck dude you're lucky you weren't arrested. Better watch that twitchy trigger finger you may be the one that ends up in the ground.

I wouldnt want your job and I know it could be stressful at times, but your OP makes you sound a bit paranoid. Maybe it is time for a new profession.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think what he's trying to say is you pulled your piece on some poor shlub just trying to get in his car. Your "spidey senses " suck dude you're lucky you weren't arrested. Better watch that twitchy trigger finger you may be the one that ends up in the ground.

I wouldnt want your job and I know it could be stressful at times, but your OP makes you sound a bit paranoid. Maybe it is time for a new profession.

I didn't point my gun on anyone, like I said in my OP I was too slow. I say it was keys before I even broke leather.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't point my gun on anyone, like I said in my OP I was too slow. I say it was keys before I even broke leather.

Ummmm? Did you even read your post?

As he approached, I could see a hand in his jacket and, as he began to pull it out, I pulled my sig 220 ready for action.

Top Bottom