• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just wondering what y'all guys/gals ran for lights on pistol/rifle or even backup/pocket torches.
    Most of my setups are TLR variants with a couple small pocket lights like the ProtacAAA and the 5.11 pen light which are both great for their intended purpose.
    Came across this deal that might be worth it...
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/mobil...men-LED-Weaponlight-p/x300u-a.htm&Click=46687

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Man oh man . . ! . . just could not poney up damn near $200 for a small light. Now . . . if I used it in my profession . . . different story.
    I do not really want a light ATTACHED to my werpon,either a pistol or long gun. My main app is hunting. Either night with rifle or tracking wounded animals with my pistol held waist high. For the latter puropse I am with Bruce and if I hear something I do not want to point my light that is attached to my pistol at him. I have been trained to shoot with small light and pistol and can do that pretty well with light held under the weapon.
    I get all my lights,batts,and chargers from Ebay (China) at a cost that makes the systems just about "throw away" . . . . and I have.
    Even my small lights are rated at 800-1000L output. They all take the same batts (18650) and they all use the same charger. They work in the cold,have never used them in the rain (although I have gotten them wet),and have dropped several of them which killed one. They all have a 1" bbl (tube) so I can hold them easier or mount them in a scope ring if necessary. This,even my brighter lights that take three batts and put out 4000L+.
    Remember also,with a weapon mounted light,you have to draw your weapon every time you want to take a quick look at something . . then . . there is the holster "problem". --- SAWMAN

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I carry an Olight S2R Baton. It has several output levels and a strobe. The max output is 1020 lumens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I like the inforce apl for pistols .. 88$ primary arms 200 lumens is plenty bright to Light up a room

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    For ccw I really like the surefire xc1 I have on my g17. Fits nicely in an iwb jogan special. The light is no wider than the frame and does not stick out past the muzzel. In fact its just shy of flush with the muzzle of a g19. Its 200 lumens but has good target id at 40-50 yards. And I carry a streamlight protac hl for times I need a light without a weapon. It fits nicely in a cargo pocket. And is bright enough for anything you might need. For on duty open carry use I like the streamlight tlr-1hl on my weapon and a protac hl or similar on the belt

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I am not a fan of weapon mounted lights. I believe light is for close up use; and for that, a pistol with flashlight in the weak hand that I can use when I want it suites me fine. I went through the Surefire craze early on, and bought lights that use the high dollar batteries. Through the suggestions of a flashlight fanatic at work I found that a small light powered by one AA that is pretty impressive, and suites my mobile needs.

These are cheap and available on Amazon, so I can have one at hand anywhere I want one. They use a high intensity LED and can focus the light beam, as well as offering 3 modes like some higher end lights. They can be found here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Goldenguy-Q5...8-1&keywords=goldenguy+cree+5+pack+flashlight

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is (just the lights) my latest bunch of lights from Ebay. Straight from China. 10 lights . . 1000L . . $28.00 . . free shipping.
    See . . . throw away. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170319_122421.jpg
      20170319_122421.jpg
      606.6 KB · Views: 176
    Top Bottom