• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Model70

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have 11 1/2" ar-15 pistol and am having cycling issues. Ran 60 rounds thru it with zero issues friday afternoon. Fast forward to late Friday night. 30rounds flawless, put another magazine in and the first few rounds were fine but then it jammed. Eject a round then fire, then jam, eject, fire jam, eject, fire, jam. The rest of the mag went this way. It was a new p-mag if that matters.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How's it jamming?

Spent round not ejecting/extracting? Is the next round getting stripped from the mag?

Have you tried different mags?

Did you check your fasteners? Loose gas block?

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you mean "jam" double feed, bolt not seating etc ? Were you ejecting the round by pulling the charging handle then it would fire one round and not eject the next? Is it pistol or carbine length gas system. I assume it is 5.56?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you tried a different mag besides the one that jammed? If that fixed the problem, mark that mag and keep it out of the rotation until you can service it. If that is not the problem I would look into possibly the gas system being fouled up. Those shorty barrels tend to get dirty very fast. CLP and pipe cleaners my friend. Good luck.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Like I told you yesterday, it is because it has an Anderson lower:). It is 556 by the way. Adams Arms upper. I will let him answer on how it was jamming.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My first interests would be the condition of the gas block (loose or twisted, gas tube) or what ammo are you shooting

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If it's a complete Adams upper, the gas block is probably pinned.

I had an issue with short stroking with an Adam's piston system but it was a frankengun and in 5.45. I monkeyed with it and it eventually ran fine. It may have been a break in issue. When it did have issues, it was fine for a mag or 2 then it would short stroke every round. Not exactly sure what it was that fixed it.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just talked to him and it was failure to feed. He said it actually bent a couple rounds when the bolt hit them. He had a corral trap with 22 mad wild hogs in it and was dispatching them. He has not shot anymore since then to try a different magazine but like he said he shot two mags through it fri morning and it was flawless. I forgot to ask him what exact ammo he was shooting but I know all he has is factory loaded brass case, no steel or reloads.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Not sure on where it was hitting the case but I too am leaning towrard magazine. At first I thought maybe it was not engaged all the way but he told me he had to drop the mag a couple times to fish the "jammed" round out and start over. At 1:30 am with a bunch of mad pigs trying to break out he did not take the time to spend a lot of time examining.

Model70

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I tried finding a couple of the bent ones so I could post a pic but they are in some thick grass. Yes I had to pull charging handle to eject the round. Only thing I can figure is mag failure. My son (11 years old) wanted to help me load ammo before I left to go "hunt" and I'm wondering if he didn't get the rounds loaded correctly. Hopefully I'll have time to shoot it again this week.

Swampy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a fairly new Anderson RF85 Upper, Anderson lower, over a thousand rounds through it now and not one single failure. I am using Magpul 20 round, Gen 3 (I think) magazines and a Elite Tactical Systems 30 round magazines. My first suspect would be the magazines.

Members online

Top Bottom