• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'm getting back in to reloading and needed some large pistol primers. Went to the gun show in FWB a couple of weeks ago and bought a box of 1000 Winchester primers for $30.00 from Georgia Arms. I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not until yesterday when I was in a well know gun shop and saw the same primers for $46.99. OMG, I understand making a little profit, but damn. The snobs put down gun shows and say they have higher prices than local stores. Don't believe it. From now own all of my primers will be bought at gun shows from Georgia Arms. They have Very reasonable ammo and component prices too. Who would have thunk it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't tell the people that poo-poo the gun shows this.
    I want to be the one (well . . me and you) that is swooping up the good deals. I have several things on my list for the next show. See ya there. --- SAWMAN

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found a few powders that were hard to find at gun shows at fair prices. This was 2 years ago. Most powder is back in stock, except H4350 but you can usually find what you are looking for on the first day at gun shows.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reloading supplies are about the only thing reasonably priced. The actual "gun" part of the gun shows are typically overpriced.

If you are looking for something a little different, older, rare etc, they can be good places though.

But your modern typical firearms are marked up and not worth nothing with.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Georgia Arms is my go-to for primers and powder if it is a small order. Much cheaper that the LGS and don't have to listen to how lucky I am that they are selling it to me.

Idoono

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think $30 is good. Look occasionally at Powder Valley and others. I occasionally see primers there for $26 and lucked out once and bought Tula small pistol primers for $19 per thousand. Had to pay HAZMAT but diluted that random tax across a few boxes.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yup went into a Pensacola gun store last week and their imr4451 was $10 a pound higher than what you can find it elsewhere for.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since getting in to reloading, I have found that online prices are consistently lower than brick and mortar store prices, without exception. The only one I found close was goldmine pawn in Daphne. I'm not sure it will stay that way, but buying in enough bulk or group buy supplies to dilute the hazmat fees are the way to go. I haven't been to a gun show in probably a year, so next time I go, I will look hard at the reloading stuff. In past shows, especially before the ammo crunch, shows were a good place to go to get bulk ammo at good prices. The crunch is over so I'll have to go to a show in the next couple of months

Top Bottom