• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Monad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found a NOS Micro Desert Eagle the other day, didn't have a pocket option, uless you count a G27.. I was looking at Sig HD but got sucked into the yay factor.

Attachments

• WP_20170216_16_38_16_Pro.jpg
      WP_20170216_16_38_16_Pro.jpg
      401.2 KB · Views: 175
    • WP_20170216_19_25_54_Pro.jpg
      WP_20170216_19_25_54_Pro.jpg
      176 KB · Views: 180

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one and love it!! I have shot the snot out of it. To the point where I had to order new recoil springs from Magnum Research. Don't know if you have looking into pocket holsters but go to Amazon and search "Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle 380 ACP Sticky Holster Conceal Carry SM-3" I went with one and have not regretted it. It can be mounted anywhere on the waist with ease and if you wanted it in the pocket it does perfect there too. Enjoy

Monad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YEA, stoked on the gun. Holster was a question I had. I saw the Amazon Sticky, good info, some reviews that were less complimentary. Can't imagine putting this lil' gadfly in a waist holster.. found some other holsters from Daltech, Don Hume and Meco. Nice holsters are expensive.. $3 dollars in scrap leather, pokey holes, some string and viola, it's $75 bucks, sucker.

the Good- accurate, smaller than almost anything in the market, so far eats all bulelets i put init. Up to 200 rounds, Remington, Blazer and Tula, not a single issue. I have some new brass coming tomorrow.

the Bad- the back handle, under slide and under trigger guard area are smooth metal. It gets slippery, seems like some cuts or stippling would have been better.. I may go with some talon tape around the base of the handle for now, till new grip comes. it runs fine now and is surprisingly accurate but tends to jump around a bit more than I'd like.

the Wishful- I'd like to try stronger recoil springs and wish they made tungsten guide rods. Seems like they could slow that slide slam down and more weight in the nose couldn't hurt.

Has anyone tried out these? http://www.marschalgrips.com/kevin/kevin.html#finger I found a similar version in plastic on the ebay.. Ordered a custom color, metallic grey.. pics to follow. I really like the wood but 1- it's an EU seller, 2 they cost $85 w shipping and 3. an order takes 10-12 weeks, + 12-21 days for shipping. In most cases, my instant/delayed gratification circuit would blow out before I clicked buy.

As many know, this gun was originally made by a CZ company called ZVI. The model name is "KEVIN" and it comes in a 9mm mackarov as well as the browning. I wonder if it's as simple as a magazine change.. to run mack. I'd feel more comfortable carrying a slightly larger round.

Last edited:

Monad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one and love it!! I have shot the snot out of it. To the point where I had to order new recoil springs from Magnum Research. Don't know if you have looking into pocket holsters but go to Amazon and search "Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle 380 ACP Sticky Holster Conceal Carry SM-3" I went with one and have not regretted it. It can be mounted anywhere on the waist with ease and if you wanted it in the pocket it does perfect there too. Enjoy

How many rounds did you get to before swapping out recoil springs? I was thinking about ordering some at some point, just to be sure but with the EU model availability, I'm less worried about finding parts.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know how many rounds the PO had thru it but did not seem like many. I shot about 3-400 rounds thru it plus endless racking of the just practicing and it is now it is pretty easy to rack the slide. The trigger lightened up quite a bit too. Not super light or anything but noticeably lighter. I called magnum research about the recoil springs and should have my new ones in this week. $3 per string and $2 shipping. $8 bucks for new springs is not bad at all. Also asked about the 9x18 Mak barrel and they said hey don't offer them from Magnum Research. I did email ZVI and asked about it and am awaiting response. I am guessing it's just a drop in replacement barrel and all else runs the same. Maybe heavier springs? I don't know. I know what you mean about it kicking all over. The lil guy is a mule. My stovepipe issue maybe ammo and mag related though, I just need to narrow it down some. I have two mags for it. One that runs flawless and one that seems to be a bit dodgy. You should email ZVI, if they get a couple or more asking for Mak barrels they may export a small batch.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh and have you checked out the magnum research micro 380 wood grips on their website? They are in the $30's and have the eagle engraved in em. Seem really nice for 30 bucks

Monad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the grips but wanted something that made it easier to hold onto.. OnEbays, if you search "Custom Over-size Grips for Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle" you'll see the grips I ordered- but in solid metallic grey. They look very similar to the wood grip link above.. pics to follow. Also ordered some talon-like grip tape sheets. Going to add it to the smooth handle bits and side, see if that helps tie me kangaroo down. Also ordered the finger extension mag.

I emailed ZVI info@ last week, no reply so far.. I read on the Wikipedia that the company ZVI, laid off its workers in 2013, though the gun may still be in production..

- they have an 8rd mag, has a built in grip extension. Want.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh man an 8rd mag w/ extension would be amazing. I have small hands so less trouble with the grips I guess. I seen the ones you're talking about though. Would be sweet if ZVI could or would sell small and ship internationally. A Mak barrel and 8rd mag would be in my future.
    Have you put much SD rounds thru? I shot a bit that tended to be a lil hotter than average white box or PPU, gun ran flawlessly but you could notice the difference in recoil

Monad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a lot of SD yet, mostly just range ammo here from when I had an LCP.

I shot 2 mags of Ruger ARX..slipped out like butter, super light, fast, far less kick. I have some Underwood .380 coming that I think I'll run with, solid copper instead of composite so, prettier projectiles. They seem to fly better into, through the gel packs than the ambling ARX, in youtub vids.. but really, shove one of any .380 round into a person and I think the desired effect, in most cases, will be arrived at.. bullets and harsh words leave hurt feelings in their path.

Top Bottom