• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it worth the price of a Glock for a red dot or is there good options for less money?

Is Geissele triggers for an AR worth the $240 or is there better options for less money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to decide that as well as far as triggers go. Really like the elfman triggers with the bearings inside the trigger etc. might just go with a CMC for 160

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Some Romeos' have a 65 moa circle and 3-6 moa dot similar to the eotech. For the sub $300 range it comes down to warranty and battery life. Most are pretty close, anything below $100 is a gamble though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only you can decide if they are worth it. I have several Geissele triggers and they are worth it to me. I also like the CMC triggers I have. You couldn't give me an Eotech though.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For the eotech (I'm an aimpoint guy, fwiw):. If you're going to abuse it, yes. If it goes between the safe, truck, bench etc, then no.

There are lots of "light" triggers out there on the low $100s. The G2 is the cheapest Geissele. Without looking at the actual parts, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the G2 and the SSA when installed. It's not just the pull weight you're worried about. Consistency between pulls, over time/cycles is definitely a factor. It's up to the end user to figure out if the cost is worth it. If you can, get your hands on each and try them out before you buy.

Edit, Donr beat me by 2 min, but +1

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would buy a Laure MBT trigger. uUnless you are getting the Geissele DMR for completion long range shooting. It's is adjustable for pull and over travel. Unless your in a long range match, you will be happy with the Larue, it's better value. I have 3 Geissele DMR's and 4 Larue triggers.
    http://www.larue.com

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Is Pirelli worth it over Hankook, Jack over Evan, ribeye over sirloin, it depends on what you're going to do with it. I like nice stuff, but I don't care for Eotech. Look at Aimpoint ACO, and ALG triggers if you're on a budget.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my Geissele triggers, they feel nice but I couldn't pay full price for them, the $35 job on a mil spec trigger is just fine for me.
    I also like EOTech, I like having both eyes open when shooting my ARs and a EOTech is much faster for me when doing so. I use a Stikefire on my DGAF rifle and it is fine too.
    But yes it's completely up to you to decide on if it's worth it. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you have..I'll still outshoot every one of ya clowns.....

Just kidding.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    madeSICC, you need to bring that spirit to the 2 gun matches...

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I totally would but I already have plans/injuries that prevent me from making it to any matches at all. Until I move to Idaho and then I will be telling you guys about all my 1st place finishes.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I totally would but I already have plans/injuries that prevent me from making it to any matches at all. Until I move to Idaho and then I will be telling you guys about all my 1st place finishes.

How convenient... ;)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stagman, go big or gtfo. That's all I have to say about that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha I wish I could come around to wanting to get into that stuff but it just doesn't appeal to me, it looks fun for sure but just not for me. Maybe one of these days I'll come around to it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the eotech (I'm an aimpoint guy, fwiw):. If you're going to abuse it, yes. If it goes between the safe, truck, bench etc, then no.

There are lots of "light" triggers out there on the low $100s. The G2 is the cheapest Geissele. Without looking at the actual parts, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the G2 and the SSA when installed. It's not just the pull weight you're worried about. Consistency between pulls, over time/cycles is definitely a factor. It's up to the end user to figure out if the cost is worth it. If you can, get your hands on each and try them out before you buy.

Edit, Donr beat me by 2 min, but +1

I purchased the G2S trigger from Nate and man what a difference that made in my shooting ability!!!! Great trigger. I shot a friend's rifle with the SSA version and I could not feel a difference at all. Save some bucks and get the G2S version!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have 3 rifles with the G2S, just sold my last CMC, that is a great trigger as well. As for red dots, I've had aimpoint, eotech and the new Sig Sauer Romeo 4c... Aimpoint is definitely better quality that the eotech in my opinion. The sig is nice. Holds a zero and the batter hasn't died yet. Supposed to be 50k hours...

Swampy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for a cheap alternative to the trigger that came in my Anderson RF85 AR-15, I tried the "Enhanced Polished Trigger Group" from PSA and 3.5# JP trigger springs and the measured trigger pull actually went up from 5# to 6#. After a bit a research I wound up buying and installing the Rise Armament RA-140 Super Sporting Drop-In AR Target Trigger (SST) - [$122 regular price at Ground Zero Precision] - and a set of KNS Anti Rotating Trigger Pins (as recommended by Rise Armament) and now I am a pretty happy camper with a nice crisp 2.9 pound trigger (better than expected). [https://www.groundzeroprecision.com...cision-drop-in-ar-trigger?variant=7912176705] The only other "improved trigger" I personally have experience with is a Timney trigger I have on my 6 millimeter Remington 700, which is a 4.4# trigger so I am obviously not an expert but really do like and prefer the feel of the RA-140 trigger over any other I have tried. I have not had an opportunity to shoot a Geissele trigger. But, I would like too....

Latest posts

Top Bottom