• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all, has anybody been following whats going on with the Arsenal Strike or now Stryk series of pistols? I have not been able to get my hands on the original version the Strike A before it stopped being imported and am now saving my money for the Stryk B that is due out in June of this year. If you are a Glock fan like myself then this pistol is worth looking into. They have incorporated some pretty cool features in their line up that is sure to appeal to recreational and competition folks alike. Its kinda ugly I think, but in a good way. From what I understand, the design replaced the Makarov PM in the Russian forces, and like it or not, those guys make some of the toughest, most reliable weapons.
    Anyway give a quick Google to Arsenal Strike One, or Arsenal Stryk B, there are videos on Youtube as well explaining all the features.

If any of you guys pick one up in June like I am let me know and we can go shoot the snot out of them together. Cheers.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been watching.

The compact version was supposed to pop first (B?). I'm waiting for the full size then I'll get one as soon as I can. Looks like they added some good improvements and managed to knock the price down some. Here's hoping they can deliver.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I think the B comes out before the revamped A model. I'm excited to get my hands on one. MSRP they said is 779. for each model, but hopefully they can keep it in the mid 7s. I'm really interested in the action they are using and it's claim to have the lowest bore axis of any pistol. Just hoping since they teamed up with a few companies that production and QC won't suffer

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not much has been going for MSRP lately. The m&p2.0 was/is available for under dealer cost. Don't think that'll happen with the stryk but was thinking mid 6 to low 7s. Depends on supply etc

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I got the chance to shoot the original Strike A recently and here are my thoughts for what it's worth. Only thing I can compare it to would be a G17L.

Accuracy: didn't get to stretch it out but at 10m it knocks out the center if you do your part.

Sights: narrower than a Glock so a bit harder to pick up fast and the rear on the backplate is odd. Nice maximized radius though.

Fit&finish: compared to a Glock the fit is like a handmade custom 1911. Zero slop or play anywhere between slide and frame. Frame rails are almost full length too which is a nice surprise. Finish is ok at best, will definitely not hold up to much.

Ergo: thinner grip than a Glock and not adjustable. Controls are easily reachable. Mag release is somewhat small and mushy, makes you want to look down and see what's happening instead of keeping eyes on tgt. Points different than a Glock, more towards a 1911 but not quite. It's right in between. Frame stippling is just right. Beautiful magwell makes reloading quickly effortless. Long barrel and rail made taclight flush with barrel which I thought was pretty cool. Front and rear cocking serrations are nice

Trigger: nice and wide, made out of steel. Pretty light, a bit of creep, somewhat short reset. No safety blade. Feels like a worked over Glock trigger would feel like.

General shooting impressions: considering the big marketing points for this gun is a super low bore axis and ability to shoot faster and stay accurate, I would say that with proper stance and concentration, that is absolutely true. I would venture to guess that out of the box this thing would be welcome by most competitive shooters, minus the narrow sights.
    I will have my order for one as soon as they ramp up production on the new Strike B for sure. Anyway I'm bored and those are just my impressions from getting a chance to shoot one.
    Cheers

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Necro post here but anyone have any experience with a Arsenal Strike A model?? Opinions, thoughts? I read all of the reviews online as there aren't many to begin with. Supposedly it makes a great competition gun out of the box. I was interested cause it was designed for the Spetnaz and we know our commie adversaries know how to make small arms.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I read that somewhere. Seems they revamped it from the original Strike One. Holding out hopes for a Glock killer. We'll see. I don't think it will happen though with the starting price of the Strike where it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom