• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just got a Thompson Center Compass and I want to mount a VortexCrossfire that I have on it. It has 1" tube and 50mm objective lens. Any idea on what height rings I would need? What brand rings do you guys recommend? I am looking for a decent set that won't break the bank either. Hunting out to maybe 300 yards. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought a 3x12x56 w/ 30 mm tube and bought 1 piece DNZ's in high. I would think you would need high, but since it's a 50 you may luck out w/ a medium....

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks. I found a calculator on Brownell's site earlier. I will try to measure my lens cover tomorrow and see what I can make of their info. I will add that the gun comes with Weaver bases already mounted.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Finding the right (lowest possible WITH propper eye relief) height rings is not that easy. You have to take under consideration the relation of the bbl to the receiver. Also the size of the scopes main tube.
    Given the info that you have put forth I would guess that most any set of MEDIUM rings would work for you. But remember it is not as simple as size of objective and what gun.
    I have seen Mike's try several sets of rings on a customers gun to ensure the proper fit (see Larry). I would suspect that they would assume that you would at least buy the rings from them. They will mount your scope in them while you wait but unknown if this service is charged. --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had a scope on a 30-06 I picked up that was 50mm OL. It was scrapping the barrel when I got it so I ordered Super High Rings for it, and then found I did not like that scope set up on that rifle, so I replaced the scope with a smaller one and new rings. Can try the SH rings if you want. If you are interested I can dig them up when I get home and advice of brand and height.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for the input. I wound up with a DNZ Game Reaper one piece mount/rings in medium. It was high enough to allow me to still use the factory hard plastic lens covers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom