Target Sports

Pensacola fairground Gun Show ( Feb.4th & 5th )

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Will the ATF dudes be there? I would like to ask them what the H*ll is up with ATF transfers. When will the anti-gun Obama ATF workers be
    fired? Right now it's 8+ months for any form 4 transfer. So a form 4 to a SOT (like Nate) is taking 8 months. It should happen in a week.
    Then I get to start another wait to the transfer gun to me from the dealer. ATF is anti-gun.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I would like to go, mostly to see what people are walking around with, but it's the last weekend of hunting season in Alabama so don't know if I will be able to or not.
    You just never know at these shows. I'll go to several and not see a thing, then a couple of shows ago I bought a Colt Detective Special while I was in line to get in.
    Then a dealer had a Weatherby .22 which I had been looking for one for 20 years BUT I had just found one two months earlier. I regret not buying that one.
    Then a guy was walking around with a Ruger 77/22 All-Weather which I would have jumped on if I hadn't bought one two weeks earlier. Shoulda bought that one too.
    These are not guns that you see for sale everyday.
    I just wish that guy that has all the nice S&Ws would wiggle a little on his pricing. Would love to buy a nice J frame like a 34,36,60,or 63. Or an 18 K frame.
    I do see some reloading equipment sometimes. There's a guy usually in the middle towards the back that usually had some equipment for sale.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Prices on the nice S&W's aint going down for collector grade with boxes & goodies , but unless you are demented you aint gonna shoot 'em . Think of them as a 401K / IRA . 90% shooter grade can still be reasonable . Bottom line going rate is the going rate . Look at the new Classic S&W revolvers with their BS fit & finish , MIM parts , ECM rifled barrels & for the same price you could get an older like new well fitted finished , forged parts & broach cut rifling . Which one would you rather have ?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    GCGF squad heading to the gun show...
    c8e313be27a7235980e4ec6e5aab3e21.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I thought that Sean was supposed to be in his normal Hello Kitty garb that he wears to Denny's on Saturday AM. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gave up the Hello Kitty gig. I'm struggling to decide what to wear to this one. I'm thinking Merrill Streep or maybe a nice Mylie Cyrus bikini but I gotta work on my tongue moves.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It appears that Victor Bean is scheduling shows at the same dates as the little guys are to put them out of business. He has scheduled a new one in Crestview at the same date as the Milton show March 25th & 26th (Getting Greedy )

Kevin'sgotagun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It appears that Victor Bean is scheduling shows at the same dates as the little guys are to put them out of business. He has scheduled a new one in Crestview at the same date as the Milton show March 25th & 26th (Getting Greedy )
    Yes and he DID NOT buy the Crestview show from that promoter. He just simply booked the venue. But the joke is on him The tables at that venue are mostly round and he has to find tables to RENT and then set up. I wish I could be there to see Pat and Skip when they find that out. They are used to having on site tables and a crew to set them up and take them down. This time they will have to rent them and then stay until Monday when they get picked up. Because the guy who's job is in that building is not responsible for that stuff to get done.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yes and he DID NOT buy the Crestview show from that promoter. He just simply booked the venue. But the joke is on him The tables at that venue are mostly round and he has to find tables to RENT and then set up. I wish I could be there to see Pat and Skip when they find that out. They are used to having on site tables and a crew to set them up and take them down. This time they will have to rent them and then stay until Monday when they get picked up. Because the guy who's job is in that building is not responsible for that stuff to get done.

Thats OK, Because I heard that Billy is thinking about scheduling his show at the Pensacola Fairgrounds.
    (Boy that will cause a Hootnanny )

Kevin'sgotagun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats OK, Because I heard that Billy is thinking about scheduling his show at the Pensacola Fairgrounds.
    (Boy that will cause a Hootnanny )
    Can't happen there because of the same reason as the "Expo" earlier this year, Bean has a contract with the Fairgrounds (all his normal venues included) that states something to the effect of no other "gun shows". I was told by a very reliable source that Bean exercised that clause over the "Expo".
    But it would be fun to see if someone else could do a better job in the Pensacola venue. Billy did a good job helping the Shriner's at their event, as I was a vendor there.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The Pensacola Show on Saturday was real crowded, lots of antique gun bargains walking around and ..some good deals on the non dealer tables. One older fellow was selling lots of powder and primers at below retail ,no tax (private sale) I bought 5 cans.He had a large assortment,Said he bought out a store going out of business.He had a few antique rifles also.Never seen so many M-1 Garands in one show. LOTS of Reloading stuff. Tons of ammo. I picked up three vintage Bargains. A really good show for Pensacola. One collector had the Very first Python Hunter made. SN#001 in the briefcase ,with a extra New unfluted cylinder,Colt scope and all.Had been fired , but still the first one. He let me handle it and didnt even charge me WOW. Great Fun.

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I usually try to make the Pensacola/Milton shows in hopes of finding that all elusive deal. Been searching the web for a nice SigP220 .45cal, but most I've seen are north of $600.00 Lucked up @ this show and found a like new, with all the paperwork, hardcase, and 2 stainless factory mags, and paid $500.00, from a dealer. It even had the original receipt where previous owner had purchased, definitely a good day for me. I'll continue to support the shows, even if just browsing for a part or piece here & there, mainly because I'd hate to see them die out..

HL1

Latest posts

Top Bottom